• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(18202)

Feature Joneser
Jul 13, 2003
www.epinions.com
I have a rather unlikely problem, it seems. Using latest beta of AGC, EU2 1.07. Installed EU2, then 1.07, then AGC. All went well...except. The shortcut created for the AGC started EU2 but with no single-player scenarios listed. No matter how I edited the shortcut, it was the same: a game without scenarios. I removed the extra (and mystifying) backslash that came with the shortcut; I used quotes; etc.

On a whim, I started a game of vanilla EU2, something that would likely never have occurred, and lo and behold: among the single-player scenarios available was, in lower cast, 'alternative grand campaign'. It loaded, although I suspect not quite as it was intended: for one thing, User Defined was a vassal of the Byz Empire. This does not appear to be a full solution, though it's pretty strong evidence that all the files are installed.

So I read the AGC FAQ, and accompanying discussion, until satisfied that no one else had reported the same problem ten thousand times due to failure to read the FAQ. Then I decided to post about it here.

The only thing that's odd in the least about my installation is that, (in my opinion, like any sensible person) I installed to a custom directory, for all my life's conditioning is that spaces in file and directory names are evil folly. Thus, it's all in c:\games\eu2, and this directory has an \agc directory sub of it, which seems similar to what was done with CORE HOI (with which I'm far more familiar).

Any ideas?

jkk

Did you get the version of the AGC from the forum (downloadable in the download section, whatever it's called). 2.3 was designed for 1.05, which has a buggy moddir. The problems are discussed in some detail here, which is stickied at the top of this forum.