• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello,
assuming I want to play noble republic of Pskov -- how do I break free from Muscovy? Right now, cancel vassalization is disabled, even if I insult Muscovy

Thanks

You can just Dow for independence. You'll get hammered if you do it straight away though, wait until they have just finished a war with one of the hordes...

Save up admin points. Pause, DOW, then boost back to at least 0. small price to pay if you want to play Pskov so bad. Patience is a virtue. It also helps you win.

Get a claim for one of their provinces so you do have a CB.

Hello,
assuming I want to play noble republic of Pskov -- how do I break free from Muscovy? Right now, cancel vassalization is disabled, even if I insult Muscovy

Thanks
Play Novgorod ;)

The only republic that has bonus to yearly republican tradition, allowing you to reelect your rulers. I mean, how good is that?

I thought Wiz said that player can never be inherited, but still can be annexed or integrated.
So I believe he should hurry. :)

The player won't get inherited on monarch death in a personal union because the devs didn't want a game over on monarch death. You can still be integrated though when you're a vassal/lesser in a PU.

Getting free from Moscovy is not the problem They will sooner or later release you as part of a lost war. Rather sooner, unless they have a lot of luck. The question is what will you do then? There is no easy target around you, there is just Novgorod, Livtonian Order and Lithuania and each of them can eat you easily. ... Hm, I guess during the waiting-to-get-free period, lots of improving relations is in order, so you can hopefully get two of them to ally you and have them break the third one for you to grab the land.

Screenshot from 2013-08-31 01:46:26.png

Ironman Pskov, right before "form Russia" decision.

It could have been faster, but I mistakenly vassalized Novgorod, instead of annexing it -- given -400 aggressive expansion penalty accumulated from eating it previously, I had to release it from vassalization. Muscovy was expanding like crazy in Tartar lands -- that GH you see is 100% remainder of Muscovy that broke free after I took all russian/orthodox provinces from Muscovy.

The question is: should I switch to Russia tag, or keep Pskov tag?

Russia is sweet, because of "move capital to St. Petersburg" decision which gives +3 stab increase which I need to utilize to quickly westernize, and I need to westernize to activate "asian primitivies" CB, which I have unlocked long ago but CB is not showing, I guess because I am not in western techgroup.

Keeping Pskov tag would be difficult, because of westernization from -3 w/ circa 50 republican tradition, also Russian militaristic ideas are sweet, Pskovian ideas somewhat suck.