i think the incorporation of dlc should be a default for all titles.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mar 14, 2024
splitting the community with dlcs everywhere and getting a dlc debt buildupp of fragmentation is bad.
if we look at it from a business and sales perspective. im guessing theres a 50% purchase of dlc and new content on release day.
a 30% buy on upcoming summer sale when its 50% off a year later.
then the last 10% on a bundle bulk sale for 1$
the rest of the community just never buy them.

i think all dlcs should be incorporated into the base game instead of relying on 1$ bundles 2-3 years after it was made. just so devs can focus on a holistic model.
the dlc creep is just awful for anyone who wants to get into the game because theres always thread of do i need x. or the u need 90$ to own them.
simplify the game structure of basegame + deluxe bundle + 2-3 newest dlc
all the artpacks or music dlcs should be mass bundled into 1 cohesive dlc.

i think that game mechanic creep in dlc is bad i get it from a sales perspective but it should be restructured into a deluxe bundle. as they age.
espionage, tank air navy design should be 1 dlc in a deluxe fashion for 5-10$

this is especially needed for old titles like ck2, 80 of the 100 for eu4

Reactions:
There have been a few threads across the forums recently about this, and they’ve generally disagreed. While I don’t think this was the worst move because those DLCs were so low value compared to what they produce now and because it was clearly not meant to indicate a new trend, it’s not a good business strategy. I can be convinced to preorder with a very simple bonus song, and even I wouldn’t buy most DLC if I knew they would become free in 2-4 years. I suspect that, as good as it would feel for customers, PDX would lose a lot of money from people like me who simply wouldn’t buy DLC that we expect to become free, which would totally beat the point of making DLC.

Reactions: