• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lucky0000

First Lieutenant
15 Badges
Feb 8, 2019
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Pride of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
I'm also experiencing the day-tick-stutter that's being thoroughly reported here. However I noticed to my suprise that it was my gpu that got maxed and burned, while the cpu usage remained at approximately 60% on average. While I'm no way near an expert this seemed odd to me, especially because my gpu is above the recommended while the cpu is a bit bellow. I just wanted to report it, as it might indicate some sort if gpu bug or something. A big thanks to the team for doing what they can :)

DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach your Documents/Paradox/Imperator/pdx_settings.txt.
From your Documents/Paradox/Imperator/logs/ folder, attach system.log .

DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach your Documents/Paradox/Imperator/pdx_settings.txt.
From your Documents/Paradox/Imperator/logs/ folder, attach system.log .

Thank you so much, and here you go. As said, i know my CPU is a bit slower than the recomended, but it should be well above the minimum.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    103,7 KB · Views: 5
  • pdx_settings.txt
    3,9 KB · Views: 4
  • system.log
    683 bytes · Views: 3
I was expecting to see that Vsync was actually not on, OR that your desktop refresh rate was something crazy like 144hz. But no.

Do try updating that video driver:
https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

If that doesn't help, does playing in windowed mode help?

I was expecting to see that Vsync was actually not on, OR that your desktop refresh rate was something crazy like 144hz. But no.

Do try updating that video driver:
https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

If that doesn't help, does playing in windowed mode help?
I updated the driver, restarted the computer and tried both windowed and borderless windowed. The 3D frame check in-game still showed clear fps drops at each day tick.

That is a known issue being examined here:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...egathread-tick-lag-stuttering-issues.1171021/

But is your GPU still maxed out? What temps are you seeing?
I've done some more research and the stuttering only happens when the game is unpaused, as seems to be everybody's problem. When unpaused and stuttering, neither the cpu nor the gpu is maxed. When paused the game runs smoothly whith stable fps, but the gpu maxes out. It's really weird. But I'll just keep playing and hoping for improvement in the patches coming up and maybe some performance improving mods. Thank you so much for your time!

I had multiple crashes since install and decided to uninstall the game, uninstall my video driver and reinstalled everything again.

- I use latest driver for Nvidia GTX 960 and started the game with all default settings (1920x1080, Vsunc ON, Fullscreen.
Everything seems to work fine, I can zoom/scroll the map, open/close all windows ingame etc
As soon I hit unpause (speed x3 at default) stuttering starts till the point the game crashes complete, hangs or my complete system restarts automatically.

- I tried to start the game with task manager open, but when I have taskmanager open, Imperator.exe will not run. It keeps saying not responding in taskmanager.

- I decide to try borderless window option and start the taskmanager after I start the game. It works. I can start the game normally again (was not possible with taskmanager open for some reason) I also start taskmanager now while the game is open (in borderless mode).

- Memory, CPU and GPU are not maxed out (yet). I start a new game without ironmode as Macedon and everything works fast and smooth except that my screen flashes to taskmanager and back to game a few times while loading a new game. I scroll around the map a bit, zoom in/out etc and check my taskmanager. All seems to work normal.

- I hit unpause the game, heavy stuttering starts, after 30 seconds my complete system restarts.

Last edited: