• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

STRU

Recruit
Apr 21, 2020
Description of problem
BUG, GAME FREEZING

What platform are you playing on?
Steam

What game version are you running?

Please select any/all DLC you have enabled.

Do you have mods enabled? No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
The game is not working, everything looks fine, music and visual effects, but time not going on and when I try to do other actions the game just get crushed.
PLEASE how can I fix it?????

Steps to reproduce the issue.

Upload Attachment

Upvote 0
Hello.

We will need your crash folder (Users\USERNAME\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Imperator\crashes) to investigate the issue.

Hello!

In this case I'd like for you to attach a DXDiag file & the log files from a session that freezes.

I attch on this message the files you asked me. Please help me, the game it's still not working since one week. I've attached the log file named "game". Do not know if it is the one you need.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    88 KB · Views: 0
  • game.log
    30 KB · Views: 0
Hello.

We require ALL log files from the log folder, and - if the game should create one - from the related crash folder.

A first estimation suggests that the problem is your GPU.
Intel GPUs are not supported by our games, and them working mostly comes down to good fortune.

Righty, in that case please attach a system info and all the related logs (+ the crash folder if there should be one) here.

No, thank you, that will do.

I have added the issue to our JIRA Database and our coders will have a look soon (tm)(R).

Hello! The problem of stopping time, the game does not freeze, namely, time stops running. GPU GT 740 and GTX 750 Ti. I attach dxdiag and a folder with logs, the crash folder is empty.
Thank!

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    104,8 KB · Views: 0
  • logs.rar
    98 KB · Views: 0
Oh my. I just upgraded my desktop to 9900k with maximus xi extreme and I'm getting this exact issue now. Was working totally fine with 4670k (but slow) . Could it be a CPU issue? Not playable :(((

Can you tell me what year has time stopped?
It's completely random. Sometimes before I even start the time, sometimes when a event pop up if I start the time without doing anything at start.

I tried little more since yesterday, its mainly when I played hereclea pontica. It even crashed so hard one time that I got a bluescreen and computer had to reboot. The freezes also happen when I played macedon yesterday, but today I didn't get any freeze after I changed to borderless (hereclea still freezes). I haven't played many countries yet, but bactria works also. I'll try some more today. At least its playable now, does any country work for you?

Edit: Athens also works.

Last edited:
It's completely random. Sometimes before I even start the time, sometimes when a event pop up if I start the time without doing anything at start.

I tried little more since yesterday, its mainly when I played hereclea pontica. It even crashed so hard one time that I got a bluescreen and computer had to reboot. The freezes also happen when I played macedon yesterday, but today I didn't get any freeze after I changed to borderless (hereclea still freezes). I haven't played many countries yet, but bactria works also. I'll try some more today. At least its playable now, does any country work for you?

Edit: Athens also works.
I have a slightly different problem. In the region of the 900s, days cease to go, time stops. Animations occur, as expected, the windows open, but it is impossible to give an order or take any action. As if you are in pause mode. I play for Rome, but also met when playing for the Seleucids and Carthage. I don’t think it depends on the system, because such errors happen in different configurations. But this may have a common cause with your problem.
Please post yours dxdiag file and crash folder, the developers will ask for it anyway.

I have a slightly different problem. In the region of the 900s, days cease to go, time stops. Animations occur, as expected, the windows open, but it is impossible to give an order or take any action. As if you are in pause mode. I play for Rome, but also met when playing for the Seleucids and Carthage. I don’t think it depends on the system, because such errors happen in different configurations. But this may have a common cause with your problem.
Please post yours dxdiag file and crash folder, the developers will ask for it anyway.
Ooh I see. Ur bugg is not like mine at all.
So, I tried again with hereclea, and now everything works fine... I uninstalled aura sync since it seems it was messing with the core frequencys (they were on max speed all the time even idle). I think it also fixed this bugg... Could be wrong because other also had this issue with other hardware. But that's what I did and it worked...