• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ProffessorEGADD said:
For the Kongo it meant that they had solved the mystery of the dragons, but to Alfonso it was no the end it was the beginning. The Kongo had a great empire, and he intended to lead it to the end of the end, to ensure the dominance of the Kongo over whatever there was and to banish the mist forever.
:)

Now if that isn't a statement of the EU Player's Credo, I don't know what is.

Good update. Are you still at war with Morocco?

Time to Westernise?

Morroco couldn't get to me and i to it. Th we're junior partners so automatically got a white peace when i vasiilized the Adals.

As for westernizing... i don't have any latin neighbours... perhpas i should blaze my way through the Mali and onto Castille?

Whats a Castille? A new type of hybrd fruit...

I Pull The Strings, But It's All Relative- A Kongo AAR

Crushing Victory;

With the secrets of the dragons resolved and two large tribes at the Kongo's feet it turned it's attention to the much ignored tribes of Mali and Songhai. Following a breif military build up Afonso launched his cunning plan against The Northern tribes to obliterate them completely; the plan was this.

In recent times the small yet proud tribe of Ashanti had broken off relations with the Songhai, but still kept their alliances with Mali. Mali and Songhai were allies but if the Kongo attach Ashanti then only the Mali would retaliate. It was genius!!! And so with the plan set they declared war against Ashanti and were joined by their allies.

1war.jpg

The Kongo's campaign was swift, a quick strike ensured their triumph as they annexed the Ashanti, this coincided with the local melon eating contest so their leaderships asurption was ignored; furthering the Kongo's chance to establish dominance!!!

2.jpg

Afonso's chance to enjoy the newly aquired locals watermelons was alas marred by his death; tast buds don't work well after that sadly. Instead his son, Antonio I, arose to the throne, to complete the long and ardious task of the watermelon festival. Alas the burdens of leadership.

3Antonio.jpg

Antonio was determined to complete his fathers plans, beingm particuarly cunning in the military field he set about organising and building up his forces. Unfortunatly the Mali showed admiriable foresight by attacking the Kongo, along with Songhai.

4Mali.jpg

The words Antonio uttered upon this news were untranslatable into what would later become known as "English"; but it was similar to bannana.

The Kongo's opening moves in this war was to dispatch a team to the Songhai's undefended provinces, to secure them and hence aquire more leverage in the negotiations to secure their peace.

5Aquirements.jpg

This "leverage" was soon discovered to be needed fairly soon. It transpired that the Songhai's government did not adhere to the same noble Shamanist practices that the Kongo did. They considered more than fair to seize tribal lands without so much of a "ha ha". The Kongo was flustered to the point of panic.

6damit.jpg

Whilst a small KGB group launhed itself into the Mali's territory the Songhai warriors went on to seize 4 more of the Kongo's most Western tribal lands. Quickly slipping into panic the Kongo mobilized a small army along the coastal provinces to serve as a last ditch option if the Songhai marched towards central Kongo; it remained to be seen however if it would come to this. Meanwhile in Songhai's own lands the Kongo had seized two thirds of their territory in a desperate land grab.

Back in the Mali however a furious battle raged in the land of Jenne lead by Antonio himself.

7overwhelmed.jpg

Whilst this battle raged the Kongo secured peace with the Songhai, taking the Songhai's Eastern provinces in preperation for a future assault. But for now the Kongo had to abandon their taken lands.

8peace.jpg

Antonio however, out numbered 3-1, was forced to retreat from Jenne. From the surrounding wilderness he directed his troops to thin out in an increasingly desperate situation. The only light to their dark days was that they had secured the Mali's furthest provinces, deep within the heart of Africa itself.

9light.jpg

Apart from this however the Kongo's victories were few and far between as Antonio's forces dwindled under the numerical superiority of the Mali's forces. The Kongo's ability to attack the Mali was severly weakened when Mali seized the newly aquired territory formerly belonging to the Ashanti.

10doubt.jpg

The war was brought to a new height when it transpired that the Mali had reached the Kongo's undefended border. And then reshaped the border drastically.

11.jpg

The Mali went on to seize the land of Calabar before the Kongo gave up and offered up a pathetic white peace.

12.jpg

The Kongo emerged from this disaster seriously shaken with it's borders stirred up to unproportionate levels. The Kongo realised it would have to push itself to it's limits if it was to succeed in dominating the area. Some careful planning would have to be done to ensure their future victory...

-----------------------------------------

Owch. Careful planning needed in future, or those evil Malians will be seizing your lands faster than you can conquer them back. I think Antonio wil have to put the watermelons on back-burner.