I made my species into robots, but it sucks [Utopia, minor spoilers]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Considering this topic has been beaten to death in another thread....

You guys do realize you can take Share the Burden edict, which increaes productivity by 10% across the board? Essentially, Synths are already well capable of producing +30% technology, +30% minerals, +30% energy, as well as +10% food and +10% unity. Synth evolution is, from a game balance perspective, already borderline overpowered, it has more raw bonuses than either Biological or Psionic, and when it comes to min/maxing, it cannot be beat.

The real issue with synthetic evolution is threefold.

1: Cyborgs are already, by far, the most overpowered T1 ascension trait, which makes the jump to Synths a much smaller one than it is for Psionics and Biologicals.

2: Synths are utterly flavorless and boring. There is nothing to discern one playable synth empire from another.

3: Synths can already be produced, and given leadership positions without ever going down the ascension path. Ascended synths have no advantage over normal synths.
Well Novacat, the point of my post was mostly trying to deal with your third point there.

3: Synths can already be produced, and given leadership positions without ever going down the ascension path. Ascended synths have no advantage over normal synths.
Yes that´s what it´s come always down to. No need to go full synth because at a certain point they are always available.
If synths were exclusive to the synth path, still a lot people wouldn´t like that solution, but less than now are "dissappointed" by the synth path.

Considering sci fi anime and all i wonder if its possible to make a mod that for humans make them actually look normal instead of the wierd triangle face. Knowing humans if we ascended there is at least one body part or two we would keep. Would be cool if even they grew organics which transitioned to them over time. I mean tons of anime where advancand androids have litterally no functional difference. Mankind would never give self awareness to anything that resembles us because of our ego. As well empathetically anything else creates problems

Considering sci fi anime and all i wonder if its possible to make a mod that for humans make them actually look normal instead of the wierd triangle face. Knowing humans if we ascended there is at least one body part or two we would keep. Would be cool if even they grew organics which transitioned to them over time. I mean tons of anime where advancand androids have litterally no functional difference. Mankind would never give self awareness to anything that resembles us because of our ego. As well empathetically anything else creates problems

Wow, a necromancer, timetraveler or posted from internet explorer.
We had these mods you're talking about for a long time.

Oh and thanks for reminding me of all the utopia bitterness with your post.