• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Roven

Corporal
62 Badges
Jan 15, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
Good time of day. Faced with the fact that the launcher at startup began to give the error "It is impossible to establish a connection with Steam" (I did not take a screenshot), I decided to completely reinstall the launcher, because I had already done it according to this instruction:
  • exit the Steam app entirely
  • uninstall Paradox Launcher v2 from the Windows "Apps and features" utility, if still present.
Delete the following folders if still present:
  • C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/
  • C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/
  • C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Roaming/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
After reinstalling the game and launching, the launcher installation started, but then an error occurred (screenshot 1). For some reason, the automatic window indicates the HOI4 folder, but I also tried CK3 and EU4.

By googling why I don't have the launcher-installer-windows.msi file, I found it (i guess) here (screenshot 2), as well as information that you need to run it with administration rights, via CMD here.
However, this did not help me, I tried the installation both with administrator rights and without them - in both cases, it also gave an error (screenshot 3).

Now, what to do is why I am turning here. Help me, Tech Support, you are my only hope! (I don't know if you have a separate topic with launcher problems, but I didn't find it. I'm sorry if I'm writing to the wrong place.)

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    75,2 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.png
    2.png
    73,7 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.png
    3.png
    50,1 KB · Views: 0
That second screenshot shows the download for the standalone Paradox client, aka launcher v1. That is a separate application for a different purpose, is nothing to do with your problem, so you can ignore that.

launcher-installer-windows.msi is in your Steam-Stellaris folder.

In your quote from my clean install process you have missed the most vital step., which is running steam.exe as the Windows Admin user. Please try that.

IF that doesn't help, in this folder are some .log files:
C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
Please attach them here.

That second screenshot shows the download for the standalone Paradox client, aka launcher v1. That is a separate application for a different purpose, is nothing to do with your problem, so you can ignore that.

launcher-installer-windows.msi is in your Steam-Stellaris folder.
Oh, I see.
Yes, I found the file, thank you, but when activating it, what with administrator rights, what without them is the same error (screenshot 1)
In your quote from my clean install process you have missed the most vital step., which is running steam.exe as the Windows Admin user. Please try that.
Yes, I did it, I forgot to mention it.
IF that doesn't help, in this folder are some .log files:
C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
Please attach them here.
Sure, here is it.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    158,1 KB · Views: 0
  • logs.7z
    10,7 KB · Views: 0
The 1603/1605 errors we see there are typically a previous other installation stuck, or a problem in the Windows update/install processes.

If you see msiexec running in Task manager-processes, kill it and try this launcher install again please.

Otherwise run the Update app in Windows, does it load okay, find anything to apply - whether a patch, update, or whole new Windows 10 version? If so do that and reboot, then try this launcher install again please.

If still no good, do you see Paradox Launcher v2 in the Windows Control Panel to uninstall? If so does it uninstall cleanly, or get an error doing that? You can use this tool to remove it properly:

The tool on the link and reinstalling the launcher again fixed the problem. Everything is working now. Thank you very much, I couldn't have done it without you!