i feel like time to capture cities is too long.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

akinata

Major
24 Badges
Jun 8, 2020
  • Semper Fi
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris
  • Magicka 2
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II
9 turns to capture one city that can be captured back instantly if you don't wait with a strong enough force really slow down conquest too much.

Reactions:
There are methods to speed it up. You'll have to make sacrifices if you want city capture speed though. They take up doctrine slots :p

Otherwise it'll be too easy to just sucker punch someone and then cap the city. Its purposefully made slow.

If you couldn't keep control of the city after 9 turns has passed and the defender successfully took it back from you, you didn't deserve that city anyways.

Now everyone has discovered how secretly weak you are and is going to start to dogpile you.

• 1Like
Reactions:
i didn't knew there was a doctrine to speed up thi.

still, 9 turns to take out one city out of 7 cities or more (in late game everyone have alot of cities.)... better just rush the capital and kill the leader.

would be cool if the time to take a city wouold be influenced by your relation with that city race population.
so a city with a population that hates you will take longer to capture and capturing a city with the same population as your race or one that loves you would take less time.

The time it takes to absorb a Colony is defined by the size of the Colony. A Colony with no additional Sectors will take 3 Turns to Absorb, as more sectors get annexed and the Colony develops the amount of turns it takes to absorb increases.

The time it takes to absorb a Colony is defined by the size of the Colony. A Colony with no additional Sectors will take 3 Turns to Absorb, as more sectors get annexed and the Colony develops the amount of turns it takes to absorb increases.

but i feel that it isn't fair when you can take a city in less turns via changing its race for yours than capturing a city with the same race as yours which force you into absorbing it.

so in my current game i took over 3 different cities fropm an AI.
one with 9 pop and tower defence, one with 7 pop and tower defence and the last with 7 pop and no tower defence.
all 3 seemed to have the same garnison units. (maybe was there one level of garnison difference in one of them i didn't payed attention to?)

it took me 9 turns to annexe the 2 first (or 5 turn to move my own faction inside and 3 turns to raze it)
but the last one took me only 7 turns (or 4 turns to move my own faction in it and 2 turns to raze it)

so i am kinda confused on how this is calculated as 9 turns to take over a city is already the maximum.

We were told that is was based on the number of sectors.
You just tried three different colonies, all with 3 sectors.
Why were you expecting any difference?

4pop = one additional sector.
8pop = 2 additionnal sectors.

2 colony had only 7 pop so only one more sector. but one was capturable in 7 turns and one in 9 turns.
9 turns to capture a city with only one additional sector is alot, considering that 9 turns is the max so even a 16 pop city will get captured in 9 turns.