• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

yohannbiimu

Recruit
1 Badges
Apr 15, 2015
  • Victoria 2
Everything else seems to be working fine, but I'm not getting pop-up messages. I've played Victoria 2 in the past but hadn't for a long time. I d decided to download it from where I had done it in the past, from my Amazon account, but it feels like I'm not getting messages to tell me what's happening. I expect my sphered countries to ask me to ally with them, but I don't get messages. Is there something that I can do to turn this on?

Is this just a case of "countries in my sphere are not asking me for alliances" or is this a case of "I am not getting any messages about alliances at all"?

And how long have you been playing for? Not getting alliance requests is certainly weird, but not necessarily impossible depending on who you're playing as.

If you haven't already, try booting up a few games as the UK. You should get a few alliance requests instantly. If you don't, I can't really help you, but it does seem very weird.