• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DhruvSonakiya

Recruit
3 Badges
Dec 4, 2023
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings III
I can't start the game neither by the launcher or the exe file as whenever I try to do either a black screen appears for a few seconds then the cursor disappears and then after a few seconds the black screen disappears I have tried the compatibility thing, the framerate cap thing, uninstall cleanly and reinstall both launcher and game and deleted all steam workshop mods ages ago, I have deleted the documents folder a few times too I am truly at my wits end I just bought this game and all the dlcs too

Anyways the dxdiag and pdx settings and debug files are attached and the system and error logs were empty

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    137,3 KB · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
    366 bytes · Views: 0
  • debug.log
    16 KB · Views: 0
"vsync"={
version=0
enabled=yes
}

"refreshRate"={
version=0
value=144
}

Please disable Vsync and set that refresh rate cap to 60. Is that any better?

Can i get new copies of all these files please.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log , exceptions.log

I got it to work on my laptop first then my PC by simply moving steam out of the folder it was in and then installing the game again as I think the folder name was too long that might have messed with it but thanks for the support