• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
firstly I just wanted to say thank you for your excellent work, HSR has certainly made HOI far more enjoyable.

secondly I was wondering if HSR will be updated for the new 1.06b patch anytime soon

thirdly I was wondering if any changes to the armor tech tree were going to be made anytime soon (I hate having heavy tanks in 1936 in order to get Tigers later on) because in one very successful game I accidentally researched tiger 70mm long and I couldn't research tiger 70mm medium thus I was unable to get any more advanced tanks which really ruined that game, or is that WAD?
thanks a bunch

Hi, I got news from the patch yesterday and it will have to be tested. All the corrections from the patch are redundant for HSR as we already dealt with those but one change from the patch which might significantly affect us and not for good. That change is the air warfare modification which they described as severe air stacking penalties which really scares me thinking what had happened with the former naval stacking penalties in previous HOI versions which were later eliminated, but maybe is simple paranoia. The flak reduced effectiveness will also affect HSR but for good I expect. If the stacking penalty is too bad and because the other modifications will not touch HSR (apart from the flak) we will have to think whether to make a patch for it or not keeping as a base HOI 106, but I will update that as soon as I am able to test it. A HSR 1.04 is due soon because of other severe HOI bugs that we found and solved. About the tank tree, I will try to check out what you are describing as it does not sound good.

Master Shake said:
thanks for responding so quickly and much appreciated, will look forward to the update.

Well shake as expected the stacking penalty is very bad. We make a voting within the HSR community and HOI 1.06b was unanimously rejected. I did not test it my self by I trust our community, and with so many people hating the micromanagement of the stacking limit and specially considering that the ai seems to keep sending the attacks in big packs (drying out its airforce by a couple of enemy fighters) we finally decided to continue with HSR 1.04 without considering HOI 1.06b but only 1.06 which is great.

I downloaded 1.03c last night but was disapointed that the german sprites for aircraft did not change from biplanes. the armored divisions also stayed on par with HOI 1.06. i was under the impression that the sprites had been changed. if not can i down load other mod sprites to stony road?

myces2000 said:
I downloaded 1.03c last night but was disapointed that the german sprites for aircraft did not change from biplanes. the armored divisions also stayed on par with HOI 1.06. i was under the impression that the sprites had been changed. if not can i down load other mod sprites to stony road?

Yes sorry we are not adding in HSR any more sprites apart from the countermod of MDIE (simple nice solution accepted by us as we are hardcore war gamers :)). You can get sprite packs here for sure if you need them.