How to switch Council appointments back to allowing appointment of all courtiers?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Gutie

First Lieutenant
147 Badges
Aug 23, 2009
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Galactic Assault
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Iron Cross
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Legio
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • East India Company
  • East India Company Collection
  • Divine Wind
I'm playing my first game since the Royal Court DLC dropped, and I recently noticed that I can only appoint a limited number of courtiers to councilor positions aside spymaster? I took a glance at the 00_councillor_positions file to figure out what the deal is and see this listed for each of them:

Code:
valid_character = {
        exists = root.liege_or_court_owner
        can_be_chancellor_trigger = { COURT_OWNER = root.liege_or_court_owner }
    }

I don't recall what the text was for it previously, as I didn't do so previously, but would anyone be willing to point me in the right direction of what I would need to do to tweak this to allow any court member to be appointed, rather than horrendously low stat autogen mayors, some knights and temple lordlings? I recruited several lowborn with high stats specifically for the reason to hire them on but can't? I even have martial status to being "Equal."

I cant find on the wiki a scope that refers specifically to members of the court (and guests for some reason?), but just about every single other relation is listed under characters. Would generally appreciate any help with tweaking this to have the old system.

(Side question, do any of the cultural traits enable appointing all courtiers to councilor positions? The Equality one didn't seem to, but perhaps I misread?)

Last edited:
I'm playing my first game since the Royal Court DLC dropped, and I recently noticed that I can only appoint a limited number of courtiers to councilor positions aside spymaster? I took a glance at the 00_councillor_positions file to figure out what the deal is and see this listed for each of them:

Code:
valid_character = {
        exists = root.liege_or_court_owner
        can_be_chancellor_trigger = { COURT_OWNER = root.liege_or_court_owner }
    }

I don't recall what the text was for it previously, as I didn't do so previously, but would anyone be willing to point me in the right direction of what I would need to do to tweak this to allow any court member to be appointed, rather than horrendously low stat autogen mayors, some knights and temple lordlings? I recruited several lowborn with high stats specifically for the reason to hire them on but can't? I even have martial status to being "Equal."

I cant find on the wiki a scope that refers specifically to members of the court (and guests for some reason?), but just about every single other relation is listed under characters. Would generally appreciate any help with tweaking this to have the old system.

(Side question, do any of the cultural traits enable appointing all courtiers to councilor positions? The Equality one didn't seem to, but perhaps I misread?)
The can_be_chancellor_trigger only checks if the character is the correct gender, so in male dominated councils, women can only be appointed if landed.

The can_be_chancellor_trigger only checks if the character is the correct gender, so in male dominated councils, women can only be appointed if landed.
Sorry for the slow reply. That makes sense then. The disconnect confused me that I was seeing landed women but not others. Thanks for the help. :D