• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Commander A9

Recruit
1 Badges
Jun 3, 2018
  • BATTLETECH
Hello, mechwarriors!

So, we can create our own custom pilots, but I'd like to be able to create our own custom voice packs.

I'll share with you what I'm working on.

20180602212122_1.jpg

20180602212216_1.jpg

Those of you familiar with the Battletech Animated Series will recognize the "Malthus" pilot.

He works in-game, his modified settings show up, but I can't get him to talk! All I hear is radio communicator squelching.

Now, I've been using Wwise to make a voice pack and .bnk files. I've tied my individual clips to events in WWise, and made sure my pilot file is tied to the specific voice pack .bnk I've created and put in the Battletech voice folder, but there doesn't seem to be any universal codes, identifiers, or otherwise anything shared between existing pilot voicepacks...there must be some kind of syntax that's underlying in the voice pack file that I haven't determined yet.

Or maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way...

We've made custom sound effects before, I imagine we can make custom voices as well...

Maybe someone can help me out?

Last edited: