How to get “The Final Frontier” Achievement

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Somian

Private
30 Badges
Apr 26, 2015
somian.net
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities in Motion
  • War of the Roses
  • Victoria 2
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sengoku
  • Magicka
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Impire
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities in Motion 2
Hi,

I’ve built at least 20 colonies and deep-scanned all sectors in a bunch of them.

I know that deep-scanning means that I need to research the deep-scan tech and scan everything again, but I can’t unlock the achievement “The Final Frontier”. It just doesn’t pop once everything is deep-scanned and I’ve tried in at least 5 different colonies. Similarily, “Creator of Worlds” also doesn’t unlock when I get all terraforming parameters to 100%.

Am I missing something? I have a lot of other achievements and my goal is to get all of them, but I’m stuck here (still doing some of the sponsor-specific achievements, as well). These are pretty simple achievements and easy to achieve because there’s no Time limit. At least thats what I assume.

Or is there sa time limit or or any other rule that the achievement description doesn’t say?

(I’m currently playing the PC version on XBOX game pass, but purchased the DLCs)

Last edited:
Did you deep scan the original tile that was scanned for free when you started the game?
If so, try the starting commander that gives you deep scanning for free and just scan everything, including the free tile because that never gets a deep scan for free.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm currently moving but I'll check that out when I can.

To me, the achievement sounds like "scan until there's nothing more to deep-scan" but it looks like it means "everything must be deep scanned by you and if anyone else deep scanned it for you then it doesn't work"?

I'm unfamiliar with how someone else could scan it, unless you mean an event revealed the scan without having to scan. In which case I'm not sure, I didn't have that happen when I got it.
I can say how I got it though. I never use probes, and didn't when I got the trophy (PS4). I used the commander that allows you to deep scan right away. I started off by scanning the original scanned tile, and then landed my rocket and scanned every tile starting at the top left moving right and down one when I got to the end of the row. I built scanning towers around the map to speed it up. I was not building much of a colony as yet. I don't remember all the details but I do remember something happened that made me decide that bringing people over was unneccessary right away and that I could build an economy without them. I suspect I had a breakthrough for miner-less rare metals and the power to tech breakthrough, but my memory is foggy. I did start actually building a colony before the scans were done, but I'd scanned more than half the map before I put down my first dome. I wanted a perfect location and to start with a mega dome or better, and I was successful in that. Upon the last tile being scanned, I got the trophy.