• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

RagingRusski

Second Lieutenant
45 Badges
Jan 5, 2012
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • BATTLETECH
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Magicka
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
This is mainly directed at 4th Armored and the Desert Rats that just run you over with armored cars in close quarters unless you're playing a deck with Pumas. AT guns don't work if the player you're facing is smart enough to find the "b" button on his mortars, and since Axis decks only get A-phase medium tanks in only one deck, it becomes rather difficult to deal with since 20mm platforms struggle with anything even slightly armored.

Both 4AD and 7AD have weak air in A, so your best bet is to use a ground attack plane or a bomber to stun his rush. I would recommend saving enough points so you can buy the plane 1min in, even if you are playing Closer Combat. Use clever positioning to prevent a possible rush from doing too much damage. 4AD only gets the Marauder in A, which can't harm your aircraft, and if the 7AD player is doing a rush, it's unlikely he will have a Spitfire ready at the start or even 1min into the game. Panzershrecks are also good counters.

116th is pretty decent against 7th use your marders at range and Panzer 3s up close. Then by the time Fireflies show up Panthers

For 4th there isnt alot of light vehicles its more Hellcat and Abrams so AT guns so i personally play 21st panzer and use the 130 point PZH.39H(f) 105 in support tab baccked up by 2 of the 80 point Pak-40 Halftracks the 105 stuns while the Pak 40s get kills keeping them out of abrams range is a must and with the Hellcats its pretty much whoever hits first and 1 shot kills are rare so the 105 panics them pretty fast while the paks do the work (keep a commander in range usually a cheap infantry commander) also the Phase A PAK-43 is nice to against 4th armored. The 30 point UE-630s are ok against Greyhound spam.

Use panzersheck if you use inf deck. Just keep them jumping in and out buildings.
Ask a friendly ju188 is the best way to stop them.
If you are using armored divisions, you have many options. 9pz can do counter train, 116pz can use pz3 + marder 3. 21pz can use 105mm pzh39 + S307 + pak43 to do a ambush.

Excellent question and shows how the scorinfvsystem is broken. What people are saying here is you adopt acdefensivecstrategy in case you are rushed. The game is all a gamble. Rush or not to rush? Rush where? If you are a rush div with weak b and c and your opponent is a rush div do you rush anfmd tuck yourself in a hard to dig out corner or wait to blunt his rush?

Either way is fine in a well balanced game. I've rushed and been a pain and won. Absolute cheese and I take no skill credit for it, though a lot of the rankers think they are tactical geniuses for it. Replace the r with a w there.

The trouble is and ive seen it, a player will rush, lightly but effectively defend one side then exploit a hard to see or get to side. Feed troops into the mix and get them mashed up, taking massive pyrrhic losses in doing so then win the game for being exploitative. No points are considered for the absolute galloping they've taken. Cheese. A poor phase A can be very hard to recover from.

All those who do this think they are clever geniuses using the rules of the game. Yeah, we are. But the game scoring mechanism is $hit.

Excellent question and shows how the scorinfvsystem is broken. What people are saying here is you adopt acdefensivecstrategy in case you are rushed. The game is all a gamble. Rush or not to rush? Rush where? If you are a rush div with weak b and c and your opponent is a rush div do you rush anfmd tuck yourself in a hard to dig out corner or wait to blunt his rush?

Either way is fine in a well balanced game. I've rushed and been a pain and won. Absolute cheese and I take no skill credit for it, though a lot of the rankers think they are tactical geniuses for it. Replace the r with a w there.

The trouble is and ive seen it, a player will rush, lightly but effectively defend one side then exploit a hard to see or get to side. Feed troops into the mix and get them mashed up, taking massive pyrrhic losses in doing so then win the game for being exploitative. No points are considered for the absolute galloping they've taken. Cheese. A poor phase A can be very hard to recover from.

All those who do this think they are clever geniuses using the rules of the game. Yeah, we are. But the game scoring mechanism is $hit.
I dont know...

I was never rushed in ranked.

In tournament, yes, but lost only because of my stupid mistakes after.

This game is not that bad at rushing as WRD was, I would say its not that hard to "calm down" game when you become rushed.

I dont know...

I was never rushed in ranked.

In tournament, yes, but lost only because of my stupid mistakes after.

This game is not that bad at rushing as WRD was, I would say its not that hard to "calm down" game when you become rushed.
I believe that ranked and quick play players player each other.