How to CUSTOM SELECT MULTIPLE systems for fleet to patrol??

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

WyoJohn

Private
5 Badges
Nov 4, 2017
  • Stellaris
  • Surviving Mars
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
My brain keeps looking for SHIFT lol How do you custom select your fleet to patrol a custom set of systems? I tried chain orders but can't seem to get that to work. same with getting a Science Ship to survey multiple systems... is this possible on console, to custom select multiple systems?

Thanks for your help.

:) John

Last edited:
For science ships you press X (on Xbox) on the systems you want to survey to chain orders (the promt is shown below the fleet command window).

You can chain patrol orders (again using X after selecting the patrol order), but not in a sequential way like surveying. Because of the nature of the patrol order the ship has to return to the point of origin. So your chain orders end up looking like a starburst. I'm not sure this was always the case, as I remember being able chart winding routes. It may have been lost when they reworked the command window.