How to assimilate faster to my culture?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Tips to assimilate POP to my culture faster?

There are different ways:

1. Governor policy. But beware people of your religion assimlate faster. So better try to convert them first
2. Buildings like Theater or marketplace
3. Tech
4. Wonders
5 Roads

Doing so there is also a further strategy called deportation and concentration. You can turn all the people into slaves. Slaves assimilate faster: harsh treatment as governor policy helps to demote them into slaves faster in the first place. After this you just move most of these slaves into the towns with the buildings. There they assimilate faster .

You can also just overpopulate the towns . The remaining free people try to migrate away into other regions. In toher regions they are a minority.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Build grand theaters, marketplaces, provincial legations, make sure the pops you want to assimilate has your religion, enact the pop assimilation policy with a high civic governor, and build a couple of roads.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Religious conversion before culture is a must for the speed boost.

For large populations of wrong religion pops you should consider the integrate => convert religion => remove integration and start cultural assimilation process.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Religious conversion before culture is a must for the speed boost.

For large populations of wrong religion pops you should consider the integrate => convert religion => remove integration and start cultural assimilation process.
Cosndiering the happiness drop is that the best idea?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Cosndiering the happiness drop is that the best idea?
You also get the benefit of them giving you levies and generallyt being more productive and less rebellious during the conversion process. Obviously the cost to benefit payoff will depend on how large you are and how large the population you're absorbing is.

If you are willing to micromanage a bit, you can assimilate one pop per territory. So if you have 30 territories you can assimilate 30 pops at the same time provided that you move slaves around your territories. You can also move your own pops around to make them the dominant culture for a 25% bonus in assimilation speed.

Reactions:
Culture tab and click on the culture tab, click the culture you wanna assimilate and click on colony decision/ combined with assimilation policy/ governor traits and that works pretty quick. Just make sure the pops are same religion and culture group first.
When you unlock the right buildings the grand theatre speeds this up massively, marketplace for small % increase

Even with that flat boost it does nothing. 2.5% is just a joke for both culture assimilation and trade routes.
Surely theyre useful once youre stacking tonnes of nobles in the province? It is kinda weird marketplace no longer gives a direct buff to commerce tho

Surely theyre useful once youre stacking tonnes of nobles in the province? It is kinda weird marketplace no longer gives a direct buff to commerce tho
2.5% is 2.5%. Even in my current game as Rome the Metropolis Rome would need 4 Marketplaces just to get ONE traderoute. I rather stack libraries after every important building is build.

Reactions:
From the Wiki:

Flat modifiers:

1615220100878.png

1615220129584.png

Some interesting thoughts:
  • Build theatres in the cities that your culture is integrated and the dominant religion is the state religion for faster assimilation. A theater in the middle of a non dominant culture will be less efficient than in the fringe of your integrated cultures.
1615220009904.png

Reactions:
Thank you very much friend, very good advice.
There are different ways:

1. Governor policy. But beware people of your religion assimlate faster. So better try to convert them first
2. Buildings like Theater or marketplace
3. Tech
4. Wonders
5 Roads

Doing so there is also a further strategy called deportation and concentration. You can turn all the people into slaves. Slaves assimilate faster: harsh treatment as governor policy helps to demote them into slaves faster in the first place. After this you just move most of these slaves into the towns with the buildings. There they assimilate faster .

You can also just overpopulate the towns . The remaining free people try to migrate away into other regions. In toher regions they are a minority.

Thank you very much friend, very good advice.

• 1Like
Reactions:
From the Wiki:

Flat modifiers:

View attachment 690039
View attachment 690040

Some interesting thoughts:
  • Build theatres in the cities that your culture is integrated and the dominant religion is the state religion for faster assimilation. A theater in the middle of a non dominant culture will be less efficient than in the fringe of your integrated cultures.
View attachment 690038
Yes but you want to intregrate them precisely because of that reason. That said, convert governor policy is about 3x the assimilation policy, so converting first is a good idea. I am not so sure about slaves having a faster base assimilation rate than others, although their unrest influence is also lower, so I guess you can do that if you really want to. The overpopulate a city with slaves so that they move into another regions sounds great, but I have never seen any region - region migration unless both regions were coastal, so that doesn't really help a lot if you are going inland. Could be true but I have yet to see it. You could try to just take all coastline provinces and building a port and city in each one of them. The unrest will lead to them migrating to cities with less unrest (aka those of your dominant culture who are happy) and that usually does the trick for me. Also if you have all slaves in one city then the territories can't be used to assimilate, which might be better if you are a monarchy with the assimilation law. Still, if you are playing as messilia, then stick to the coastline.

Reactions: