• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NEzuro

Sergeant
21 Badges
Dec 24, 2009
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
Hey guys

I've been making several attempts to get a campaign started as Ardalan for the last couple of days but I have yet to manage to get even a decent start. Ardalan starts of as a vassal of Ajam and the only ones willing to support your independence struggle in 1444 are the Timurids. It might sound like mission completed already, problem is that once the Timurid king dies (which usually happens within the first 2-3 months for me) the Timurid vassals become disloyal and the Timurids get steamrolled by Ajam and its allies. Ajam usually allies Shirvan, Nogai and sometimes AQ which also is a problem because the Timurids scatter all of their troops making it easy for Ajam to whoop them. Ajam also, at every single campaign I've attempted, sends a 12k, sometimes 15k, stack to siege down my capital as soon as the war starts, making a run for it the only way to save my troops. Once my capital is sieged down, the countdown for annexation starts and so far I've never managed to unsiege it. As soon as I make an attempt at sneaking in to unsiege, they immediately turn all their military efforts towards me. The Timurids, in those cases they actually manage to resist Ajam, usually just wander around, start sieging a fort, leave it at halfway siege, go and lose a battle, go back and siege another fort halfway only to get whooped again.

Has anyone ever, in recent patches, managed to break free and go on to have a successful Ardalan campaign? I managed to gain independence once, but failed to acquire any new provinces and was so impoverished that it was just a matter of time before QQ would pounce on me. I consider myself a somewhat seasoned player with almost 2000 hours played, but I have to say that it seems like Ardalan is one of the hardest challenges I've taken on so far. Do you guys have a clue? Anyone with a successful strategy or some experience that could help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.