How junior partner inheritance really works(Hint: it is not a dice roll)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
But I need the diprep to keep subjects loyal.

Do I need to feed them provinces then? Can't I just develop them?
You can do either or both. Just be aware that after a certain point, Development and/or feeding just delays the problem while ultimately making it worse.

From a mechanics stand point, at some point you usually do want to inherit or integrate vassals or partners. Partners that are so large that you literally can’t inherit them, or vassals that have more than about 200-250 development are also large enough to be difficult to manage.

if you have several of such relationships, you could be asking for trouble if several of them get disloyal at once.

Diplo Rep helps keep vassals and partners loyal. So does staying ahead of them in Diplo tech, having positive relations, building up trust levels, sharing royal marriages, having a much larger economy, keeping your army near force limit, paying off their debts, applying certain privileges and/or ideas, and having strong allies will also keep them loyal.

I know, I know, I just don't want to manage that much land and I want to keep them as my attack dogs, I hate wide play.

Liberty desire is not that much of an issue with PUs IMO since they don't compound each other the way vassals do, but I do need the diprep to keep vassals loyal and to get more vassalization acceptances.

Do I need to feed them provinces then? Can't I just develop them?
Developing has no impact on the inheritance formula. Besides giving them provinces, you could also check the inheritance value with pdx.tools each time something which is relevant for the formula changes(e.g. HRE emperor). Then you can see in which years you could inherit them. Then you only need to do something when you are in that time window or near it. For example you could abdicate your ruler a few years before there is a chance to inherit a junior partner

If france get the claim on naples via Event, and after that being pud from England, will they loose the claim?
France are not able to get the claim after getting pud because they need the valois dynasty

If france get the claim on naples via Event, and after that being pud from England, will they loose the claim?
France are not able to get the claim after getting pud because they need the valois dynasty
Who gets PUed? France or Naples? If France gets PUed, they keep their restoration of union CB on Naples(I assume that you mean this CB when you say "claim"), but they can't use it, because they are a subject and their overlord can't use it, because it is not one of the few CBs which an overlord can use for their subjects. If Naples gets PUed, France uses the restoration of union CB, because the CB can only be used against independent countries.