• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ferrisboy

Sergeant
18 Badges
Dec 7, 2016
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • War of the Roses
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
I’m trying to decide whether or not to take the mass assault doctrine. It is has 10% more recovery rate than the rest of the doctrines. How important is this 10% recovery rate? What does it really do?

Personally I like it a lot.

It increases time your units regain org, I hate have to wait troops regain org to join the fight.

Might combo with Marshalls with charismatic trait

If you have very large 40 width units that have a lot of defense and org and do not get kicked out of a fight a lot, then its mediocre. But if you have a lots of 10 width divisions, the recovery rate is a must.

Try Mass Assault Right branch. it has both army recovery rate and infantry recovery rate bonus. They also have the important huge reinforce rate bonus.
You can use strategic moving instead of regular moving in vast eastern provinces to save time and attrition.
It is useful on the defend against spam attacks, or try spam attack yourself.

Finland also have national trait that increase huge recovery rate. High max org also increase recovery rate. That can explain why German mobile warfare infantry looks so good in battle.

If you have very large 40 width units that have a lot of defense and org and do not get kicked out of a fight a lot, then its mediocre. But if you have a lots of 10 width divisions, the recovery rate is a must.

Actually, 40 widths don't necessarily have more organization. It's an averaged stat. It's probably more important for a 40 width division to effectively recover between active combats because you don't have as many divisions using them. You can't just pull them off the front line to recharge freely while other divisions handle the front.

I’m trying to decide whether or not to take the mass assault doctrine. It is has 10% more recovery rate than the rest of the doctrines. How important is this 10% recovery rate? What does it really do?
It's actually not very good at all. A normal INF battalion have 0.3 recovery so a 10% boost makes it 0.33. There is a bonus in the same branch that gives +0.1 to Tanks and that is actually more significant as 0.3+0,1=0.4 and that's a decent bonus.

It's the right branch of Mass Assault that have the massive bonus to recovery rate with +0.2 and +30% giving INF 0.65 in recovery. Mobile Warfare also have good recovery bonuses of +0.4 and +0.2 on tanks or mobile infantry.

As for if Recovery is usefull or not so would I say YES! Lack of organisation is the bane of winning.

As I mentioned so is the 10% bonus recovery that the left branch of Mass Assault have not that great, what is special about that branch is the -20% to supply usage. This is extremely good in areas with poor logistics, like Russia as the supply limits how many units you can bring there and be effective.

Actually, 40 widths don't necessarily have more organization. It's an averaged stat. It's probably more important for a 40 width division to effectively recover between active combats because you don't have as many divisions using them. You can't just pull them off the front line to recharge freely while other divisions handle the front.

They have more defense, and take more damage, and de-org less. Thats what I meant by orginization.

I don’t know the maths, but I noticed that org recovery really made a difference when defending. In tough situations, the division is ready to go back into battle sooner.

Recovery is vital, you can't attack or defend with no org. That said, like others noted right side MA is where the recovery is, as well as other goodies like width reduction, more bodies, and the Charge tactic. It is tailor made for the angry village/meat shield strategy.