How hard does Full IC Takeover change the game?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Eugenioso

Banned
5 Badges
Sep 15, 2008
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Darkest Hour
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
I gotta give it a try, i havent done so in years, definitely not in WIF2.

Well, i played it yesterday as Germany. The main conclusions that i can extract are:

1. - Until WW2 starts, the game is pretty much the same: IC until '37-38, armor and motorized, submarines and NO AIR FORCE.
  2. - Resources such as rares/metal become a very precious commodity, as there are simply not enough to fuel nearly 500 IC full production. This means invading Sweden/Norway is a vital necessity.
  3. France is a little easier thanks to the extra IC helping to pump out about 12 more armored divisions and assorted other units.
  4. The rest of the states are annexed (spain, portugal, switzerland, yugoslavia, greece) and Italy is allied, along with hungary. Romania is puppeted for their oil by event and bulgaria is allied.
  5. The invasion of the SU is much easier with full IC takeover. With the massive resources available you can do mass encirclements almost on a whim.
  6. HOWEVER, the problem is that the allies, even with their entire convoy fleet destroyed by my subs, will be aggressive, and will require diversion of resources to hold back. They invaded spain and i had to deploy nearly 40 divisions (12 of them garrisons) to defend the pyrenees. Thankfully my subs had already cut down convoys for britain, so the invasion faled after BP triggered.
In conclusion, the game becomes 'easier' superficially, but with the mass requierement of resources, both rares and metal, its almost not worth it due to the diversion of effort.

Reactions: