• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Victor-S

Recruit
13 Badges
Sep 6, 2020
  • Crusader Kings II
  • King Arthur II
  • Magicka
  • War of the Roses
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Surviving Mars
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
Hello everyone, I am thinking about getting the game on my MacBook Pro 16 2019. My specs are:

2.6GHz i7
16 GB DDR4
AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB

I haven't played any games in years and I didn't buy this machine with gaming in mind so I went with the 4 GB GPU. Considering the system requirements recommend 8 GB of VRAM for optimal performance (which I find kind of irritating considering the game is mostly 2D), I am hesitant to to actually buy it. If you have a similar specced out Macintosh computer, can you give me some insights on the performance you are getting on your system? I don't mind lowering some of the settings if that's what it takes to make it run smoothly, but less than 30 FPS with lowest details would be a deal breaker. In case the game uses Open GL and not Metal, do you recommend running bootcamp and if so, are the performance gains worth it?

FYI if you buy from our store we have discretion over refunds , so if it does not work acceptably for you we can go that path.

paradoxplaza.com/games/