• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
you should install stony road(both versions) in a clean version of HOI (ie no other mods) the install should put a shortcut on your desctop.

How do I play

k_blom said:
you should install stony road(both versions) in a clean version of HOI (ie no other mods) the install should put a shortcut on your desctop.
Hi-I'm having the same problem. I uninstalled both CORE & HOI, reinstalled HOI with v1.04, v1.05 & v1.05c. Then tried to install HSR & HSR sprites. The HSR are in Program files, etc. Double clicked the download HSR, computer said HSR already on computer, asked if I should uninstall HSR before installation. Did so & reinstalled. Still no game play. When I go to the HOI directory, there is no HSR mod shown. Please, what have I done wrong, or have failed to do? Thanks, Hugh Browne :)

hbrsvl said:
Hi-I'm having the same problem. I uninstalled both CORE & HOI, reinstalled HOI with v1.04, v1.05 & v1.05c. Then tried to install HSR & HSR sprites. The HSR are in Program files, etc. Double clicked the download HSR, computer said HSR already on computer, asked if I should uninstall HSR before installation. Did so & reinstalled. Still no game play. When I go to the HOI directory, there is no HSR mod shown. Please, what have I done wrong, or have failed to do? Thanks, Hugh Browne :)

As I said please check where you are installing the files, it must be inside the HOI folder. For the NA version of HOI the default installation path must be programme files/strategy first/HOI.

Aregorn said:
As I said please check where you are installing the files, it must be inside the HOI folder. For the NA version of HOI the default installation path must be programme files/strategy first/HOI.

Another foolish newbie speaks up:

Downloaded HSR (only). No problems with the download or the installation. Installed into the HOI folder. Can't find a icon to click to play the game (tried clicking on HOI.exe, but that gives me the standard game). Please help.

The foolish newbie speaks again:

"I finally found that dratted desktop icon. An hour of FAQ-hunting, forum-snooping, and stupid-question-asking, and I finally get this mod to work!"