• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
On the other hand, it does a pretty good job of simulating how brittle multi-ethnic armies could be when the wars of attrition became reality.

but not all multi ethnics empires kept single ethnics regiments. Austria-Hungary for instance has multi ethnic regiments. Hungary even got a problem with that because they had an had an harsh magyarian nationalistic police and minorities in hungary serving in army of Austria-Hungary got accepted for their culture and language.

There's never a true black and white issue, and multi-ethnic armies is a fine example of that. It was handled differently (if at all) by different nations at different times, and was always a less than perfect solution. Trying to implement a system in the game to provide that kind of diversity would be a fool's errand anyway. I'd just like to see some kind of mechanism to allow recruiting units from more than a single pop in a province, with recruits, casualties, and returning their manpower to the provinces upon disbanding all handled proportionally. That's got to beat having 6-8 different soldier pops from African sub-cultures and religions in a province, plus one or two of your own culture, where you can't form a single brigade despite having 5000+ soldier pops that you're required to pay.

I'm not a fan of soldier pops anyway since most states armies were drafted in this area and had just a few professional soldiers. So maybe regulation Army size by laws might be the better way to do so. During war the draftet people are missing in on the fields and factories.

Reactions:
I'm not a fan of soldier pops anyway since most states armies were drafted in this area and had just a few professional soldiers. So maybe regulation Army size by laws might be the better way to do so. During war the draftet people are missing in on the fields and factories.
You're describing the Mobilization mechanic, though.

Hi, I have a persistent problem in Vic 2: recruiting large armies is such a chore that I'm often running with only half the army I should have.

I know there are easy buttons for recruiting in bulk, but those only work for one type of troop at a time. And I need some specific ratios of troops, which I then want to combine into balanced stacks.

The only easy way I've found is to set one province as a rally and merge point, then recruit 10 regiments (or 20, when I have higher supply limits), wait until they are all built and merged, then do it again. In large empires I can sometimes use a rally point per continent to speed things up.

This is pretty slow in game time and still a lot of work, and if I'm playing a Great Power with the capacity for hundreds of units, recruiting 20 at a time doesn't really cut it.

Is there an easier way? How do you do it?
i put a merge point and for example if you use 20 regiments just spawn all of what you need, for example i use 15 regiments, i have capacity for like 8 4 armies of 15, so i build all the 4 armies and when they spawn all and reunite in the merge point, i merge all the units and i click create new unit, and reorganize all, with that i have units producing all the time and i just go to the merge point, to reorganize them and put them in battle.