• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Inquizitor

Captain
133 Badges
Sep 25, 2011
  • Rome Gold
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • March of the Eagles
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Dungeonland
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
I was saving up to buy banshee parts and after earning the needed chills I went to a planet that I saw sold them only to discover, after buying 2 parts, they only had 2 parts.

Despite not wanting to mess with mods yet I've been trying to figure out how these shops work. I've traveled around for 6 in game months and spent all of yesterday trying to figure this out. At this point I just want to force the last part to spawn in a planet so I can buy it and move on with my life .

What I don't understand is how to do it. I've found information from people who seem to know what they are talking about but it isn't clear how to find or where to put the relevant lines of code. It appears to be possible to force parts to spawn in the shop JSON files for planets like Panzyr. Presumably I could change that file and modify Dragon to banshee so that it provides endless banshee parts until I change it back. What I dont know is where to find the relevant Banshee reference code nor do I know if I need to modify anything else in the system file
For it to restock.

Can anyone provide guidance on this?

If no one answers this before I get back from work today, I'll do my best to answer it.

I found it. The mech folders have a bunch of JSON files that looked like the reference the shop files were referencing .I changed out the mech part on Panzyr for the banshee. Loaded up the game and went to Panzyr and found unlimited banshee parts .

I found it. The mech folders have a bunch of JSON files that looked like the reference the shop files were referencing .I changed out the mech part on Panzyr for the banshee. Loaded up the game and went to Panzyr and found unlimited banshee parts .

Good - sorry I didn't get on this last night, I was distracted.