• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, I'm not sure I like this "50% less bloody" thing. I've had two really major battles lately, against Rev. France and Germany. Respectively, they involved 400K soldiers of mine against 300K frenchmen, and another 300K doomstack of mine against an equivalent german force.

Both battles were fought for over 5 years. In the end, there were only something like 15/20K casualties on each side, with an average 21 to 150 killed per day. Quite frankly, something just doesn't seem right here. This happened in a late game.

Both France and Germany had stacked their whole armies, though. In two more battles, their armies were completely annihilated and the wars triumphantly won. Still...

Well, I'm not sure I like this "50% less bloody" thing. I've had two really major battles lately, against Rev. France and Germany. Respectively, they involved 400K soldiers of mine against 300K frenchmen, and another 300K doomstack of mine against an equivalent german force.

Both battles were fought for over 5 years. In the end, there were only something like 15/20K casualties on each side, with an average 21 to 150 killed per day. Quite frankly, something just doesn't seem right here. This happened in a late game.

Both France and Germany had stacked their whole armies, though. In two more battles, their armies were completely annihilated and the wars triumphantly won. Still...

5 year battles! thats ridiculous. I too dislike the 50% less casualties, i think they should remove it and return it too how it was, i do like the vassal improvements though. I hope to see the military side of eu4 only get better! I would love it to have military interfaces like MOTE, even though i dont own that game the interfaces look good.

Just wait for the patch, it will probably be awesome.

Through I wouldn´t complain if they released a hotfix only to revert that crap and fix one issue here and there.