• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you find a source for this claim?

I know that the game is far more rewarding in MP, and I suspect that most people who give MP a chance will find that this is true. However, I don't think anyone has ever stated that MP is how you're "supposed" to play it and indeed EU now has a dedicated AI programmer which indicates that you are incorrect. If MP was the only goal for development, why would you need to improve on the AI from EU3?
I didn't say "anyone", I said specifically Johan. And no, I can't be bothered to spend 15 minutes with the forum search feature digging up quotes for you. But in my recollection he has been pretty consistent in his stance that EU4 is balanced around MP play.

(BTW you still need AI for MP because the number of players supported by the MP code is less than the number of nations available.)

Diplo-annexing has to have a downside, otherwise you just making coring worthless.

Well, since you couldn't freely vassal-feed anymore in 1.5, you were still required to core provinces that only belonged to a nation that you couldn't vassal. So everyone had to core to properly expand.

I didn't say "anyone", I said specifically Johan. And no, I can't be bothered to spend 15 minutes with the forum search feature digging up quotes for you. But in my recollection he has been pretty consistent in his stance that EU4 is balanced around MP play.

(BTW you still need AI for MP because the number of players supported by the MP code is less than the number of nations available.)

So you need to withdraw the claim then don't you ? And you made the claim, so it is for you to support it with evidence. Failing to do so is intellectual dishonesty.

I hope this works, I started a new Endless Space game to tide me over to the weekend, but I really want to play Vijayanagar in the new India without throwing my computer against a wall.

I hope this works, I started a new Endless Space game to tide me over to the weekend, but I really want to play Vijayanagar in the new India without throwing my computer against a wall.

You can! Vij is actually easy right now thanks to the rebels, as they'll completely clear out everyone else's armies on a regular basis. Just rush Admin 4 so you can support rebels and go to town on India using rebels as your main army.

You can! Vij is actually easy right now thanks to the rebels, as they'll completely clear out everyone else's armies on a regular basis. Just rush Admin 4 so you can support rebels and go to town on India using rebels as your main army.

I love how the playerbase of these games just adapts to whatever shitstorm they find themselfs in.

Status
Not open for further replies.