HOI4 Dev Diary - Ally Down Under

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I agree that the idea of Dominion Fascist movements that are anti-British are unhistorical (South Africa's is historical) unless Britain is Communist. But it is the models the Devs want. They seem to want a way for them to ally with Germany & Japan.

Reactions:
I agree that the idea of Dominion Fascist movements that are anti-British are unhistorical (South Africa's is historical) unless Britain is Communist. But it is the models the Devs want. They seem to want a way for them to ally with Germany & Japan.

Anti-British facism in Australia is not entirely ahistorical. There was outright support for the Third Reich by the far-right up until it became politically impossible during the war, and even the centre-right in Australia was sympathetic towards Hitler until the war started. My point is that anti-British or not, Australian fascists would never have supported the independence of European colonies in Asia, especially Indonesia. A fascist Australia annexing Dutch Indonesia is much more historical and realistic.

Reactions:
Yes, The BUF & other groups in Britain were pro-Germany, many of the members were more pro-Britain once the war started.

@ben606 can you send me links (if they contain symbols not allowed on the forum please PM) on organizations or people in Australia that were anti-British Fascist/Nazi?

Reactions:
Yes, The BUF & other groups in Britain were pro-Germany, many of the members were more pro-Britain once the war started.

@ben606 can you send me links (if they contain symbols not allowed on the forum please PM) on organizations or people in Australia that were anti-British Fascist/Nazi?

This organisation was the most prominent anti-British fascist group during the war: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia_First_Movement
This article is also useful for a general picture of Australian fascism in the lead-up to the war: https://redflag.org.au/article/secret-history-fascism-australia
Gives a sense just how pro-German and Italian the main group of Australian fascists were, if the war had of started later or if they had actually launched a coup at some point, we could be talking about a very different strategic alignment for Australia.

Reactions:
@ben606

First I want to thank you for the informative links!!!!

I see Australia First Movement was a pro-independence movement. I am not so sure it would have allied with the Axis against a non-communist England, but it does seem like the best candidate to do so. From the other article it seems most of the Far Right was just more scared of the Far Left than wanting to become anti-British aggressor nation.

I do like to learn new things!

Reactions:
Reactions:
Just wondering @podcat if that "Demand New Zealand" option has something to do with the fact New Zealand was suppose federate and become a part of Australia ? But refused to due to Australia's worse treatment of natives in comparison to them ?

Any chance we could get a fortify Kokoda option that added some forts in the PNG mountains. Also the conscription in the Australian constitution says that conscription can only occur in Australia if we are being directly invaded. Could this come into the game having Limited Conscription only available if an Australian core is occupied but have national focuses that are call something along the line of "Wartime Propaganda" , "Increased Propaganda", "Extensive Propaganda" with these increasing recruitable population and eventually leading to the "Australia’s national service scheme", which was introduced just before Vietnam, which will allow all of the conscription forms of conscription without the need for occupied cores.

Last edited:
Reactions: