• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
/me hops back into Hearts of Iron 4

Reactions:
@podcat

I don't know if this is a problem, but common/countries/colors.txt has not been updated with Israel. AFAIK the political colors are actually read from that file rather than specific country files, so...

Also, there is only a default flag for Israel; there are no ideological variants for it yet.

Reactions:
@podcat

I don't know if this is a problem, but common/countries/colors.txt has not been updated with Israel. AFAIK the political colors are actually read from that file rather than specific country files, so...

Also, there is only a default flag for Israel; there are no ideological variants for it yet.

It think only the exisiting nations in either the 36 or 39 start are garanteed to have flag variants. They'll likely continue to add new ones or you can always check out the mods section.

Is anyone else having crashes going back into a save after the patch? My 1948 Germany game seems to be broken, ive disabled the 3 flavour mods i was using but it's still crashing :sadpanda:

With Stellaris, they are naming each patch after a sci-fi author, and the first is 'Clarke'.

With HoI IV, they are naming each patch after a head of government from the period, and the first is 'Baldwin'.

(amarite Dan?)
Interesting... I wonder if we'll get an Strugatsky patch for Stellaris then. ;)
Hoping this week's DD will tell us what they're planning for HoI's 1.1.0 patch though.

not sure if we are doing names yet. but I am tryign to decide between heavy metal songs or ww2 operation names :3
May I suggest "Be quick or be dead"? Iron Maiden :p

Reactions:
I thought they were two different products? Sabaton DLC is listed as a separate entry in Steam for me...

Click Read More on the descriptions of all the game editions on Steam then you'll see this.

Expansion Pass #1
Includes the first 2 expansion and it’s related content, to an estimated value of $49.99.

Sabaton Soundtrack is included but excluded from estimated value.

More info will come!

There's a post on the Bugs forum with a few others that also bought it and didn't get the soundtrack.

Reactions:
The problem of reinforcements coming in too fast is most likely the issue behind the air war losses.
If you produce 2 planes per day and lose 50, even if your wing is grounded by the retreat/normal/low intensity setting, as soon as you add one more plane from the reinforcements, the wing will lose it and will be grounded again. This is particularly visible in air wars but works the same in land war and you can see it very clearly if you send 3 armored divs from Italy to Spain during the spanish CW. You lose 700 men, next day they're already back in. Naturally this has a huge toll on supplies not just on manpower but as far as air force is concerned, this problem is much more relevant as if planes had no ammo-fuel limitations: air battles maybe are badly simulated that's why the huge losses in such a short amount of time.

Another problem I spotted is with Italy vs Yugoslavia but it's basically the same everywhere and it's related to very small fleets fighting, with subs. In the end Yugoslavia has no port and 1 or 2 subs vs my 50 ships and the battle starts and gets aborted a few seconds later without results. This goes in a loop. Granted it's not a big issue but it really is annoying.

Finally... I got to Africa and all of a sudden Romania sent me 90 divisions. I could have taken all Africa with just mine... something's not right with the AI... well we already knew that. ;-)

Reactions:
installed via steam, same issues like before...and i am not in the end game right now.
my game is completely stuck, around 2 - 7 fps when i attack poland with around 60 divisions.
in the moment i declare war, the game begins to stutter...not playable, even at low speed

installed via steam, same issues like before...and i am not in the end game right now.
my game is completely stuck, around 2 - 7 fps when i attack poland with around 60 divisions.
in the moment i declare war, the game begins to stutter...not playable, even at low speed
System specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.