• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BigBossNathan

Recruit
2 Badges
Mar 21, 2021
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
Description of issue
You can play the game for free on Steam

Game Version
Collie v1.10.4

Enabled DLC
(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Description
Hi!
Im pretty new to HoI community, and I recently wanted to ty out the game on steam for free, and Free HoI Weekend was a perfect opportunity to do that. After my trial ended, I was messing around the files and found out you can force-run the game without having it on steam anymore ( its because steam doesn't delete your game files even if your time expires ). You can even install mods!
As I said, I'm really new to the HoI 4 community, so I have no idea if this is a redundant bug or a new one, and I'm sorry if I repeated someone else's bug report. If I missed any important information like : Important game version or sth like that, I apologize
Also, I do not encourage anyone to play the game like this, you should always support the creators, thats why I'm collecting money to buy HoI4 and play it legally.
(EDIT : You CAN'T actually play with mods, whenever launcher updates, you cant start the game via launcher, because Steam API Doesn't match, and multiplayer doesn't work too, you can only play single
)
You can still play the game singleplayer, but don't.

Steps to Reproduce
Step 1.: Right-click on HoI IV on Steam ( if you claimed and downloaded it when it was for free last weekend )
Step 2.: Scroll down, until you see hoi4.exe file ( or dowser.exe if you want to download mods )
Step 3.: Double-click on either hoi4.exe or dowser.exe, and your game should be running

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• hoibug.png
    hoibug.png
    23,1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0