Confirmed HoI 4 - Warparticipation-No warparticipation from planes shot down by AA and Trains

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Verinxz

Recruit
Jan 26, 2023
Description of issue
Warparticipation-No warparticipation from planes shot down by AA and Trains

What platform do you play on?
Steam

Game Version

Enabled DLC
Together for Victory, Death or Dishonor, Waking the Tiger, Man The Guns, La Resistance, Battle for the Bosporus, No Step Back, By Blood Alone

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Description
Shootinng down planes with AA and trains do not give warparticipation as Danmark
AA means AA in divisions and as static AA

Steps to Reproduce
Build static AA in danmark, hold the line against germany and shot down their planes

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• hoi4 bug1.png
    hoi4 bug1.png
    5,5 MB · Views: 0
  • hoi4 bug2.png
    hoi4 bug2.png
    4,5 MB · Views: 0
  • 4Like
Reactions:
Welcome to the forums :)

A nice catch; I tested myself and can confirm this already for AA (not tested armoured trains yet myself, but I believes the OPs screenhsot here)...pic and save from a 1939 start with France which I stripped of any navy/air force and checked that ground troops have no AA, to ensure that no shoot-downs happen because of these factore. Result: I'm still taking down bombers with static AA, but no war participation is gained...

PlanesShotDownFromStaticAANotCountingForWarParticipation.jpg

Just wonder when this got broken...as I'm pretty sure I had a while ago a game in which the war participation gained by static AA was quite significant.

Attachments

• PlanesShotDownByStaticAANotCountingForWarParticipation.hoi4
    24,3 MB · Views: 0
  • 3Like
Reactions:
I replicated this for the current open beta 1.12.14 again and this time, I also tested it for armored trains - with the result that planes shot down by them also don't affect war particiaption:

1. See my 8 kills by trains in the region Western Germany not affecting the score:

8PlanesShotDownByArmoredTrains.jpg

2. Same for the 39 kills by static AA in Benelux:

39PlanesShotDownByStaticAA.jpg

Save from where the pics are from is attached as well.

Attachments

• PlanesDownedByStaticAAOrTrainsNotGivingWarParticipation.hoi4
    26,6 MB · Views: 0
  • 2Like
Reactions:
It seems that this problem is not only still present in 1.13.4 (someone opened a fresh duplicate report here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...armored-trains-do-not-give-war-score.1602943/ ), but even extends to planes shot down by ship AA - I'm laying mines in the sea/air region "Nordsee", the statistic already counts 13 enemy planes down here...and still I'm sitting a 0 warscore from planes destroyed. That can't be right...?

Attachments

• 13PlanesShotDownByShipAA.jpg
    13PlanesShotDownByShipAA.jpg
    710,6 KB · Views: 0
  • NoWarscoreFromDestroyedPlanes.jpg
    NoWarscoreFromDestroyedPlanes.jpg
    704,8 KB · Views: 0
  • NoWarscoreFromShotDownPlanesShipAAToo.hoi4
    37 MB · Views: 0
I don't think air combat has ever contributed towards war score. The wiki doesn't mention it at all, either.

I don't think air combat has ever contributed towards war score. The wiki doesn't mention it at all, either.
Well, if we assume for a moment that air combat isn't supposed to contribute to war score...why war score has then sub category "destroyed planes"? Moreover, the irony would be then that currently the only "plane kills" which are counted at all are those coming from air warfare in its strictest definition (= planes shooting down other planes)

Reactions: