Confirmed HoI 4 - Treaty with the USSR; not working correctly (bf90)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Otto von Moltke

Recruit
2 Badges
Aug 27, 2021
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
Description of issue
Treaty with the USSR; not working correctly (bf90)

Game Version

Enabled DLC
Together for Victory, Death or Dishonor, Waking the Tiger, Man The Guns, La Resistance, No Step Back

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Description
-The description of the 'Treaty with the USSR' focus says it gives 2 100% armour bonus's.
-However if you have researched the 1934 medium chassis before completing the focus, you will not get any bonus after the soviets accept (you will only get the Pz3a and Pz4a tank designs).
-If this is intended please include this in the focus description.

Steps to Reproduce
- as Germany, finish researching 1934 medium chassis before completing treaty with the USSR

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• hoi4Bug.PNG
    hoi4Bug.PNG
    6,5 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:
Upvote 0
I have the same bug. You don't even have to finish the 1934 medium tank chassis, you just have to start the research and the focus wont work properly anymore.

You got the designs? I got the bonuses, but not the tank designs. Started the research of medium chassis between the focus finishing and the Sovjets accepting.

Yeah i checked this in the events ...

The Tooltip and how it works in the event script is differently ...
The Event says:

If you have the Medium Tank 1 Tech -> gain variants
If you have NOT researched Medium Tank 1 Tech -> gain 2 x Tech Bonus for armor

I modified the Event to test a little bit.

If i just add the Tank variants as reward for doing the Focus you WILL get the variant and you would be able to produce them (even if you have not researched the Tech)
(this is clearly not intended)

I dont know much about scripting in HOI4 ...
So i dont know how to "fix it" so it works as the tooltip says without you getting the variants "bevor" you research the Tech itself ...

Last edited:
I have the same issue. I completed the research for the Basic Medium Tank Chassis before completing the Treaty with the USSR Focus. I received the variants but not the research bonuses.