Duplicate HoI 4 - Improve relations modifier disappears when loading a save [1.12.4] [f96e]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

map_starer_9000

Recruit
Dec 6, 2021
Description of issue
Improve relations modifier disappears when loading a save [1.12.4] [f96e]

What platform do you play on?
Steam

Game Version

Enabled DLC

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Description
When loading a saved game, "improved relations" modifiers disappear after 1 day of in-game time has elapsed.

If the improve relations diplomatic action is currently active, the modifier will not disappear.

Tested when playing in ironman. Attached screenshots show turkey's opinion of the player nation dropping from +100 to +20 after 1 day passes due to the 'improved relations' modifier disappearing.

Steps to Reproduce
1. Improve relations with another nation until the 'improve relations' opinion modifier is present
2. Save the game, exit and reload the save
3. Wait for 1 day of in-game time to elapse. The modifier will dissapear.

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    433,9 KB · Views: 0
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    437,3 KB · Views: 0
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
This applies also to other modifiers, for example when Bulgaria approaches Germany,. the modifier also disappears as well to Germany (in my case the neutral German Reich), and also another modifier from a focus with a nation, which I don't remember right now, after loading the savegame.

A negative "you are in war with an ally" -25 modifier I have with the british do not disappear, even though I had no war, besides the war against the fascist Reich. The brits went fascist though, but much later.

I played with the patch, without the bba DLC

Last edited:
Yeah, I have the same problem. If you start the game as Germany in 1936 and check your relations with Portugal you should have +15 Fascist leanings towards Portugal. If you save, reload, and wait a few days, the modifier will disappear. I have the latest version, all the DLC's, and no mods.

Hi all,

Thanks for reporting the issue and giving additional details! The bug is already in our database, and we've logged the info provided in this thread as it's very helpful. The dev team will be looking into it so that you can be sure your friends don't turn on you anymore.

Cheers!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Hi all,

Thanks for reporting the issue and giving additional details! The bug is already in our database, and we've logged the info provided in this thread as it's very helpful. The dev team will be looking into it so that you can be sure your friends don't turn on you anymore.

Cheers!
Are you going to fix this bug on the 1.12.6 patch or upcoming patches?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I can confirm this bug still exist as of today. Very very annoying because I am doing a china run.
Welcome to the forums :)

I would recommend you to join the current beta, as it fixes this bug:

Reactions: