• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

aggebojkalos

Recruit
14 Badges
Mar 4, 2023
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
Description of issue
Bug with spies (1.12.11 [66ce])

What platform do you play on?
Steam

Game Version
1.12.11 66ce

Enabled DLC

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Description
When you click the "Intelligence Agency" button in the top bar, the button under Stability, clicking a spy takes to you "Default" map mode instead of actually being able to use your spy. However, if you click "Operatives" map mode, you can use your spies just like normal.

Steps to Reproduce
Start as any country (I have tested Germany and Italy, but couldn't imagine it'd be different for any other country)
Create a spy agency
Hire a spy
Click the "Intelligence Agency" button and try clicking your spy in the bottom of the screen. You will find that it takes you to "Default" map mode for some reason.

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• Screenshot_5.png
    Screenshot_5.png
    5 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_6.png
    Screenshot_6.png
    5 MB · Views: 0
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
Can confirm. though this is not 100% reproducible. Restarting the game does not fix it. I haven't tried reverting the version though.

Sometimes it doesn't happen, but after it starts happening, it doesn't go away...

This happens to me too. When I get a new spy I can click on a mission and relocate the spy. If I go back with SHIFT+E, is it? If I then click the spy, it directly change to army commander display.

If using the spy icon in the lower right, besides the mini map, then I can use spies as normal. But when enter spy interface with SHIFT+E or with the icon in the top left, clicking a spy will directly bring up the army commander display.

This is as playing as Japan, but as the first post mentioned, I can't imagine it is different for other countries.