• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Matthias

Recruit
Jun 21, 2021
Hello,

I recently purchased a new computer and cannot launch HOI 3. It is giving me a script error on 2 seperate computers, both of which are well suited to play the game.

When I launch the game, I just get a perpetual loading symbol.

Someone said one of the sites it wants to link to may have been taken down, but even the DLC content doesnt work.

Can someone please assist? Thank you

I'm assuming that your new computer is running the Windows 10 operating system, in which case there are several missing files that HOI3 needs. The one case is an older C++ file which was included with older Microsoft OS's, but is no longer provided with Windows 10, so you need to download the OLD version of the C++ runtime files, not the latest set (which is included with Windows 10). The other case involves a missing graphics driver or something to that effect, which also needs to be downloaded from Microsoft.

Details are spelled out in the support sub-forum, but if you don't have your game registered here on the Paradox forum (no game icons showing in your signature block), you won't be able to access that.

Reactions:
Depending on where you bought the game, if on Steam, just link the Steam account on the forum here. Otherwise find the key and input it here.

Search the C++ file names and they should be able to be found.

Reactions: