• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ephopp

Recruit
Dec 29, 2014
Hi everybody,

Yes, I found the first HoI again (yes I know it is oooold) and would like to play it a little bit. Unfortunately I don't have so much time. That's why I am searching for the event-cheat for the infrastructure. During my first revival-time of this game I had found it somewhere in internet (or trying? I don't remember).
But when I am searching nowadays this special event cheat is not to find anymore.

Does someone might be able to help me with it please?

Thanks!

Cheers

Ephopp

Paste this code into any of the existing .txt files inside your \HoI\db\events folder or create a new .txt file in that folder with at least this text:

Code:
#########################################################################
#  Infrastructure cheat
#########################################################################
event = {
	id = 1000001 #whatever you want, but better to use something above million
	random = yes

name = "Free infra!" #name it whatever you want
	desc = "We get free infra!!!" #insert whatever description you want
	style = 0

action_a = {
		name = "Hurray!!!" #again, whatever you want
		command = { type = infrastructure which = -1 value = 0.1 } # which = -1 means in random province, value = 1 means add either 10%
		command = { type = infrastructure which = -1 value = 0.1 }
	}
}

This event will give you 10% more infrastructure in 5 random provinces every time you trigger the event by typing event 1000001 in the console. If you trigger it several times in a row, the same provinces will get chosen until you click the option button.

I've just downloaded the hotfixes to 1.06 so I might finally play this game ten years or so after I bought it.

PS - why can't I read older threads on this and other forums?

IF you visit a forum then you may see only a few threads despite knowing that that forum has a lot more.

The reason is that the new forum software still has a bug where it does not display all of them, but they are still there.

There is a workaround for that.

If you go to e.g. the Hearts of Iron 1 forum:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/hearts-of-iron-1.79/
click on "Thread Display Options" (at the bottom of the page) and then on "Set Options". There is no need to actually change anything - just set them as they were.

In most cases the older threads and posts are suddenly displayed again.