• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
New version — https://www.mediafire.com/file/1pkkgib810jiwhq/Ab_Urbe_Condita_v.1.575.zip/file
I have uploaded an intermediate version again. Current progress. This time because the criminal organisation "russian federation" (which is occupying my homeland, Russia) started an invasion, and there are rumours that there will be a wartime regime in Russia soon. So, I cannot be sure that they will not cut off our wires. I cannot be sure that VPN will help, and that they will not do something to me. Sorry.

Six new countries: Awsan (a kingdom in South Arabia), Chalcis (Khalkis, a polis on Euboea), Eretria (another polis on Euboea for the "Aetas Ferrea" scenario), Mosyllum (Mosylon), Mundus (Moundos) and Avalitae (Avalites) — port-city-states in modern Somali.
New type of goods — silk.
New event for the Getae ("Sarmizegetusa Regia").
New monarchs for Hadramaut (Mukarrib Yashur'il Yuhar'ish), for Caria (Basileus Pleistarchus filius Antipatri). Three new monarchs for Characene. One for Surasena. One for Jin. Two for the Taurisci.
New leaders: for Arcadia (Cercidas), for Macedonia (Pantauchus), for Characene (Satrapes Numenius), for Caria (Basileus Pleistarchus filius Antipatri), for Boii (Critasirus), for Taurisci (Voccio), for Rebelles (Zenicetes), for Piratae (Aminias). Three new leaders for (Go)Joseon.
A lot of new armynames, navynames, leadernames, and colonynames, pictures, and descriptions.
I also stole several sprites from fellows' FTG mods (Celtic houses, empty manufacture, shipyard, some goods) and slightly edited several (goods, religions, refinery-on-map). No more Macedonian phalangist sprite, because it was very strange: actually it looked not like a Macedonian phalangist at all, but like some fantastic medieval dragon warrior. I am also very dissatisfied with the standard port-with-ships and shipbuilding sprites, because there were no ship's wheel until the 17th century AD, but I have no adequate substitution for them. The basic CoT sprite is also not that good, because it represents barrels and crates, but that was the epoch of amphorae, craters, etc..

The Peloponnesian War short scenario ("II. 431 — 404 ACN — Bellum Peloponnesiacum"):
Mosyllum, Mundus and Avalitae have been included.
One new event for Akarnania ("Akarnanioi took Oiniadai"), one for Akhaia ("Akhaian control of Naupaktos").
Eighteen new cultural events for Attica: "Euphorion", "Philocles", "Cinesias", "Strattis", "Philyllius", "Pherecrates", "Crates' death and legacy", "Cratinus' death and legacy", "Eupolis' death and legacy", "Phrynichus", "Ameipsias", "Teleclides", "Callias the poet", "Phrynnis' death and legacy", "Lysias", "Antipho of Rhamnous", "Agoracritus" , "Alcamenes". One for Bottia or Attica — "Melanippides' death and legacy". One for Syracusae or Calabria — "Philoxenus of Kythera". One more for Syracusae — "Antipho, the poet". One for Argolis — "Diagoras of Melos".
One more new event for this scenario — "Silver production decline in the mines of Laurion".
New leaders for Athenae (Strategos Phanosthenes, Taxiarchus Strombichides, one more term for Strategos Conon), for Lycia (Trbbenimi), and for the rebels (Wakhssepddimi).
Balancing. Minor historical addings and changes.

Grand scenario "I. 734 ACN — Aetas Ferrea" (the Iron Age):
Under development.
Athenae, Chalcis, Eretria, Lycia, Acarnania, Zankle (Messana with another name), Saba, Qataban, Hadramaut, Awsan, Haramum (Ma'in with another name), the Autariatae, Mosyllum, Mundus and Avalitae have been included.
However, we have only one province on the Euboea island, but we really need not only Chalcis, but also Eretria, because the Lelantine War between them (and their numerous allies) was too important for the Archaic period. So, Eretria has only Andros island, but, of course, has claim on the Euboea island.
New events (for this ancient times): 3 Provinciae ("Siphnian mines were obliterated by floods", "Silver production in the mines of Laurium" and "New silver vein in the mines of Laurium").
Tons of new monarchs and leaders for our old countries for this more ancient scenario.

Grand scenario "IV. 89 ACN — Bella Mithridatica":
Under development.
Acarnania have been included (it was only after the Battle of Actium in 31 BC that the Acarnanian League was incorporated into the Roman province of Achaia). Cyrenaica (it was organised as a province with Crete by 78 BC, but in 89 BC it should be an unstable puppet), Mathura (Surasena with another name), Jinhan (Jin with another name), Awsan, Mosyllum, Mundus and Avalitae have been included.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
I am very sick. Here is the current progress — MediaFire.

New countries: Wushong (Shanrong) and Guzhu — minors near the state of Yan (for the "I. 734 ACN — Aetas Ferrea" scenario).
I excluded Ifugao from every scenario. However, it can be established in the Luconia province. I have just found that, as far as I see, the ancient Ifugao state is a myth, an ahistorical insinuation. Interestingly, the Wikipedia also removed all information on the ancient state on the Luzon island.

Three events for the Boii ("End of the Boii in Gallia Cisalpina", "Boii on the Danubius" — their migration from Gallia Cisalpina to Pannonia). A new event for the Taurisci/Norici ("Regnum Noricum"). New events for Cyrenaica ("Stasis in Cyrenaica", "Jewish uprisings in Cyrenaica"), Roma ("Cyrenaica became the Roman provincia"), Carthago ("Course of Hanno Magnus"), Nabataei ("Nabataean capital"), Qataban and Hadramaut ("Qatabanian dominance over Hadramaut"). A new event for Asia — "Profit from bitumen in the Lacus Asphaltites" — gives a small income from controlling the province of Idumaea. One new Provinciae event — "End of gold mining on the territory of the Lemovices". New Temere (random) events: "Question of morality", "Talented exile". New AI events.

Three new monarchs for the Taurisci/Norici. Three for the Boii. Monarchs for Susiana/Elymais (Satrapes Coenus (Scynus?), Basileus Pittit), Macedonia (Basileus Philippus VI (Andriscus)), Surasena/Mathura (Mitra), Paeonia (Basileus Didas) and the Pannonii (Tribal leaders). Monarchs for Yan.

New leaders for Carthago (Deinocrates, Hanno Magnus, Hasdrubal Pulcher), Syracusae (Strategos Erymnon Aetolus, Deinocrates), Aegyptus (Navarkhos Callicrates Samias, Navarkhos Chremonides), Media (Strategos Asiates Timarchus, Basileus Megas Timarchus), Macedonia (Basileus Philippus VI (Andriscus)), Armenia (Tigranes Minor), Arsacidae (Tigranes Minor), the Senones (Dux Acco, Dux Drappes (Drapes)), Rhodus (Navarkhos Agathostratus), Asia (Laomedon Mytilenaeus), the Daesitiates (Rex Pinnes (Pinnetes) Breucus), Paeonia (Basileus Didas), for the rebels (Deinocrates).

Countries with the Phoenician religion receive a 25% bonus to their trade efficiency, but also a 60% penalty to their tax income.
As usual, a lot of new army-, navy-, leader-, and colonynames, pictures, and descriptions. New AI files.
Just today I found out that the Ibiza and Formentera islands were called for some reason "Pityasae Insulae" instead of the correct "Pityusae Insulae". Just one more mistake to dozens or hundreds of mistakes on this overall good map of my predecessors. As you can see, I have already corrected names of many provinces, but I cannot edit the map texture.
Lol, guys, for several years I had no idea why the game shows incorrectly some provincenames, but recently I finally figured it out and fixed it. In the Ab_Urbe_Condita\Localisation\English\provinces.csv there were no closing "x" in every string, lol. (Problem from my predecessors). So, now every province has good name, no more "PROV_Sinus_Ligusticus", "PROV_Pamphylium_Mare" etc. It is interesting that the game correctly showed the vast majority of the provincenames, I do not know, how it chose the names to corrupt.

The Peloponnesian War short scenario ("II. 431 — 404 ACN — Bellum Peloponnesiacum"):
(Actually this mini-scenario should be named "Bellum inter Peloponnensios et Athenienses", because "the Peloponnesian War" is the modern name for this war, the ancient authors called it the war between the Peloponnesians and the Athenians, but the proper string is too long, so, I am forced to use the unproper one).
New events for Croton ("Italiote League" — Croton gains some boosts if at war with someone but not Cumae or Tarentum), Tarentum ("Taras became the hegemone of the Italiote League" — boost, claims, VPs for TRT, if controlling the province of Bruttii), and Lyncestis ("Illyrian support"). The "Control over the Strait of Messene" event gives money, gold for trade research and VPs to a country that can own and control both Messana and Bruttium.
New leader for Lyncestis (Derdas). Strategos Sirrass was transferred from the Dardani to Lyncestis
One more trade post for Carthago.
Balancing. Minor historical additions and changes.

Grand scenario "I. 734 ACN — Aetas Ferrea" (the Iron Age):
Under development.
Syracusae, Lyncestis, Aegyptus (Kemet), Paeonia, the Bituriges, the Lemovices, the Nasamones, Yan, Guzhu, Wuzhong and Yiqu have been included.
One more province for Haramum. One more for Rhodus. One for Chorasmia. One more trade post for Tyrus. However, several Tyrian cities were replaced by trade posts. Four trade posts for Tartessus, two for Urartu.
Two events for Lydia ("Impregnable fortress of Sardis", "Gyges and the Mermnadae"). Two events for the appearance of the Boii. One new event for Assyria ("Last Citadel" — it moves the capital to Carrhae or Karkamisha, if countrysize is less than 7 and control over Assur and Ninive is lost). Two events for Paeonia ("Paeonian capital", "Paeonian Kingdom"). One event for Idumaea — "Edomites retook Aela". One for Tabal — "Ambaris of Tabal received Hilakku and married an Assyrian princess". The "Gold mines of the Lemovices" event. One random event for Sparta — "Struggle with Argos" — I made it because we have no Argos and a separate province for Argos, and this protracted conflict needs to be represented somehow.
More archaic monarchs and leaders.

Grand scenario "IV. 89 ACN — Bella Mithridatica":
Under development.
The Norici (= Taurisci), Boii, Bituriges, and Pannonii have been included.
The city of Susa was taken from Elymais and given to Parthia in this scenario.

When I talk about minor additions and changes I mean provinces' parameters, countries' parameters, diplomatic relations and agreements, economic system, global defines, religions, minor changes in event scripts, in leaders' and monarchs' parameters, etc.

I have started (and have already done more than half of) a huge work of dubious value. I plan to set historical ownerchange and control dates for every province with owner in every scenario. You can see this work in the Dominium.inc files in every scenario folder (but the Kyriarkhia.inc for the Bellum Peloponnesiacum scenario).

Can anyone help me with the defender of faith mechanisms? I have a problem and I cannot find the cause and fix it. In this version of the modification seven religions can have a DoF: phoenician, egyptian, christianity, judaism, zoroastrianism, chinese, tengrism (the strings "defender = yes" in the "Ab_Urbe_Condita\Db\Religions\religions.txt". But the game displays DoFs for the egyptian and chinese religions only. No other strings. This is not a problem with the interface file in the localisation folder — I tried using the default one from the FtG — it did not help.
Additionally in the scenario file I can define DoFs only for the egyptian and chinese religions.
The line "defender = { KSH = egyptian IUD = judaism LIU = chinese ARS = zoroastrianism XIO = tengrism }" in the scenario file gives only two DoFs in the game.
But as the game progresses, other states (any of the aforementioned seven religions) actually can claim the title of DoF with all its bonuses and penalties, but without being correctly displayed in the DoFs list.

Last edited:
New version — https://www.mediafire.com/file/dwz2s19kvf0ugse/Ab_Urbe_Condita_v.1.66.zip/file

Four new countries: Hispania (the Sertorians), Capua (Italic city-state in Campania, may appear from 329 to 543 AUC), Amphipolis (Greek polis in Pieris, may appear from 317 to 397 AUC) and Cnidus (Greek polis in Caria).
New cultures: Cilician, Pisidian. No more Pamphylian culture on the map (the Pamphylians were Greeks, only in the city of Side there was a distinct language). The Sa Huynh culture was replaced by the Austronesian culture, because the timespan of the modification is longer than that of the Sa Huynh culture.
Ten events for Hispania. Seven new events for Numidia: "Masinissa and Carthago", "Hard hand of Masinissa", "Punicisation of Numidia", "Masinissa took Carthago", "Heirs of Masinissa", "Secession of Carthago" and "Iol as the capital for the Numidian court". Event for Saguntum — "Stasis in Saguntum". New event for Mauretania — "Separatists in Tingis". Two new persistent events for the Xiongnu, "Xiongnu war economy", give money to the Xiongnu after each war (only after the "Chengli Gutu Chanyu Modu and the the Xiongnu confederation" event, 545+ AUC).
New Temere (random) events: "Celtic incursion" and "Conflict between city-states" (for the Etrusci), "Mutiny in the Xiongnu confederation", "Acarnanian youth became mercenaries", "Boeotian youth became mercenaries", "Campanian youth became mercenaries", "Ilergetian youth became mercenaries", "Laietanian youth became mercenaries".
Monarchs for Hispania, Capua, Amphipolis and Cnidus. Three new monarchs for Numidia. New monarchs for Asia (Basileus Antiochus Hierax, Basileus*), Pretanni (Tribal leaders).
Eight leaders for Hispania. New leaders for the Seleucidae (Basileus Megas Seleucus III Ceraunus Soter, Strategos Achaeus, Strategos Ardys), Asia (Basileus Antiochus Hierax, Basileus Achaeus), Masaesyli and Numidia (Basileus Archobarzane, Basileus Gulussa), Macedonia (Prince Perseus), Cilicia (Basileus Tarcondimotus) and Ailao (Ailao Xianli (Huli)).
As usual, a lot of new army-, navy-, leader-, and colonynames, pictures, and descriptions. Many fixes (especially in the event scripts, leader dates and map coordinates).
Luwian names now have "s" instead of "sh", because I found an information that "š" in the Luwian languages supposedly should be read as "s" and not "sh".

The main grand scenario ("III. 322 ACN — Diadochi"):
Ma'in lost four provinces to Lihyan, and two more Minaean provinces were turned to the unsettled ones.

The Laietani, the Cessetani and the Sordones included.
Six new events for Athenae: "First Sikilian Expedition of Athenai", "Alcibiades' genius", "Alcibiades' defection to Sparta", "Alcibiades' recall to Athenai", "Revolts in Troas", "Athenian control of Syrakousai". The loss of Byzantion deals less damage to the Athenian economy, if Athenae controls Syracusae (i. e. Sicilian grain) either directly or as a vassal.
New events for Syracusae and Messana — "First Sikilian Expedition of Athenai". Events for Phrygia Hellespontica: "Persians re-established control over Aiolis", "Persians re-established control over Troas". New events for Sparta ("Loss of Syrakousai", "Assistance of Akhaia"), Corinthus ("Sikilian Expedition of Athenai"), Epirus (Molossoi) ("Euripides' 'Andromakhe' in Passaron"), Corcyra ("Korkyra and the Peloponnesian War"), Achaea ("Akhaia and the Peloponnesian War"), Amphipolis ("Independent Amfipolis"), Carthago ("Refugees from Foinike"), for Paphlagonia ("Paflagonian control of Sinope"), for Aradus ("Control over Salamis") and for Colchis ("Kolkhian control of Trapezous").
Three events for Utica: "Refugees from Foinike", "Ityke — the Lord of the West?" and "Ityke took Karkhedon". Now Utica can get the claims on the Carthaginian provinces and even become Carthago itself (it is very very very hard, actually I do not believe in such a scheme, lol).
Yes, in this small Hellenic scenario I tend to use the Greek names of cities and countries, rather than the Latin ones, as in other scenarios.
The "Persians re-established control over Ionia", "Persians re-established control over Pamphylia" and "Persians re-established control over Doris" events give the Ionian and Pamphylian provinces in Asia Minor to the satrapy of Lydia, if they are captured by the satrapy of Egypt or Persia itself, but not the satrapy of Phrygia Hellespontica, because there was a conflict between the Lydian and Hellespontic satraps during that time.
The "Persians re-established control over Aiolis" and "Persians re-established control over Troas" events in the same way gives the provinces of Aeolis and Troas to Phrygia Hellespontica.
By the way, Lydia (Sparda) and Phrygia Hellespontica (Tayaiy Drayahya) were slightly buffed in this version.
New options have been added to some old events.
New Tekhnete Noemosyne (AI) events give separate AI for Salamis under Euagoras and set "ferocity = no" for Corinthus and Boeotia after the "end of the war" events.
Several random events from the grand scenarios were added also to this small one.
New leaders for Thessalia (Tagos Meno Pharsalias) and for the Scythae (Basileus Atheas (Ateas, Ateus)).
Paphus and Salamis are vassals of the Achaemenids now, as they should be. The Peloponnesian war itself was divided into two wars, because Corinthus and Boeotia refused to sign the Peace of Nicias. "Ferocity = yes" is a rather rough instrument for manipulating wars, but we do not have better ones in FtG. Sparta has ferocity set to yes until 333 AUC (the Peace of Nicias) or until the "end of the war" events fire.
Two more provinces for the Autariatae. The Getae have lost one province.

The grand scenario "I. 734 ACN — Aetas Ferrea" (the Iron Age):
Under development.
New event — "Unification of the Neo-Hittite states". It fires if any state with the Hittite culture acquires all the Neo-Hittite lands.
The "Man rebellion" event for Van Lang.
The Molossi, Cnidus, the Dardani, the Salluvii and the Sordones included.
Babylonia now has the Tylus island (Dilmun). Three more provinces for Egypt (Kemet). Two more provinces for the Autariatae. Thebais lost two provinces to Kush.
More archaic monarchs and leaders.

The grand scenario "IV. 89 ACN — Bella Mithridatica":
Under development.
You can now experience the Sertorian War from 674 AUC. It is pretty rough now, but you really can.
New center of the trade in Colonia Narbo Martius.

More provinces now have historical ownerchange and control dates.
Moreover, all military alliances, dynastic alliances and vassalisations now have not only expirydates, but also their own historical startdates in all scenarios. However, as far as I can see, the only impact of this on the actual gameplay is changing the timing of the diplomatic annexations of vassals in some cases.

I have only recently realised that the state of Kush have a problem — it has 0% income from the Egyptian trade centers, because Aegyptus is in Asia, Kush is in Africa and Kush has no coastal provinces. I do not want to transfer Aegyptus to Africa, because ancient writers considered Aegyptus to be part of Asia, not Libya (Africa). However, Kush should definitely have income from this trade route. I am still thinking about how to solve this problem. Some may find similar ("continental") problems in other countries. For example, inability of the Asian Siraci to have trade income from European Panticapaeum, with wich they were historically connected. Or the inability of Carthago to use its Hispanian manpower.

I still have no idea about the defender of the faith problem (see the very end of the previous post).

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I still have no idea about the defender of the faith problem (see the very end of the previous post).
I'm sorry, I had missed that part of your previous post.

The term "subgroup" in religions.txt is a little misleading. Its whole purpose was to codify the relationship between catholic and counterreform. You'll note that in vanilla, those are the only two religions that share a subgroup.

In fact, a "subgroup", not a religion, is what can have a defender. There is no defender of the counterreform faith, only the catholic faith. The game will only permit a defender for a religion that has the exact same name as the subgroup it is in.

So judaism can't have a defender if it's in the semitic subgroup, only if it's in the judaism subgroup. Similar with tengrism, zoroastrianism, and the rest.

• 1Like
Reactions:
OK. New version with the defender of faith fix (thanks to MichaelM): https://www.mediafire.com/file/dwz2s19kvf0ugse/Ab_Urbe_Condita_v.1.66.zip/file
The link in my previous post has also been replaced with this one.
As usual, the solution was simple.
Now nine religions can have the DoF: Phoenician, Egyptian, Christianity, Judaism, Zoroastrianism, Chinese, Druidism, Germanic, Tengrism.
I have also added the Redones to the "IV. 89 ACN — Bella Mithridatica" scenario, monarch and description for the Redones. Minor map changes. Minor relations changes. Slightly changed the stats of several leaders and monarchs. New army-, navy-, leader-, and colonynames. Fixed the "Cibyra Magna" event (wrong country).
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
A new version — https://www.mediafire.com/file/94b6griubwwgauk/Ab_Urbe_Condita_v.1.70.zip/file

Eight new countries:
The Medes (Madai) — Media under the native dynasty.
The Cimmerii (Gamir). At least their western group. They appear in Asia Minor in 78 AUC via events.
Gades (Gadir) — a Phoenician colony in Hispania Baetica that exists in the "I. 724 ACN — Bellum Lelantinum" scenario and can be established in others until 548 AUC.
Orchomenus (Orkhomenos) — a city and kingdom in Arcadia, Graecia.
The Bottiaei - a tribe expelled by the Macedonians from Bottiaea to Bottice during the Archaic period.
Amir ('mr-m) — a kingdom in south Arabia.
Ju and Lai — minor states in China of the Spring and Autumn period.

New culture — Jomon — for the Japanese islands in the earliest scenarios.
I was forced to create the Andamanese culture for the Andaman islands, because their population has always been quite isolated and had isolated languages.
The Nicobar Islands now have Mon culture, because the Nicobarese language is distantly but related to the Mon language. Gods, why do we have as many as two provinces for the almost useless Andaman islands and two for the Nicobar Islands, but we have many provinces in the Mediterranean that should be divided into two, but they are not?
New African cultures: Chadic and Banda. Aethiopian and Nilotic were renamed Niger and Nilo-Saharan respectively.

The 'Tengrism' religion was renamed "Shamanism / Animism" and was extended to a much larger number of cultures: Korean, Beidi, Rong, Austronesian, Finno-Ugrian, Nivkh, Sushen, Viet, Jomon, Yayoi, Zhang-Zhung, Qiang, Miao, Burman, Pyu, Mon, Khmer, Yue, Thai, Andamanese, Nilo-Saharan, Niger, Chadic and Banda. The "pagan" religion in the game about antiquity is nonsense (even after I renamed it to "Local" in the game). They were almost all pagan (a purely Christian term). And it is stupid when, for example, Iberia, Minyue and the Ligures share the same religion, but the Arverni do not. So, I want to divide and diversify that "pagan" into regional and more appropriate religions. I would have done this a long time ago, but the main problem is, no matter how ridiculous it is, that I do not have images-icons for these ancient religions. For example, for (As)syro-Babylonian, Phrygian (or Anatolian, including Cappadocian cults, Lydian religion),.. I am not an artist at all. Even icons for already existing religions are not all correct. For example, the shield of David began to be used as a symbol of the Judaism religion only after the 17th century. For our ancient period, the Menorah symbol would be good, but I do not have it.

Aegyptus is now in Africa, not in Asia anymore. The Nilus valley in Aegyptus is now marsh. Herodotus says that it is impossible to pass through it on a horse because of the numerous channels. Gades is now connected with adjacent provinces through an invisible river, rather than a normal land connection. I even think about a connection through sea, the city of Gades was on the island after all.
New land areas: Gaetulia and Phasania. New sea regions: Sinus Magnus, Nanhai, Donghai, Oceanus.
I have created a new geographic area "Non definitur" for the provinces that I am still working on (their parameters are not defined properly, no citynames).

In all cases, the term "vassal" was replaced by the term "client" / "client state", which I think is more correct for the Antiquity. However, "vassal" is good for Zhou China, so that is debatable.

Two events for Colchis: "Colchis became a dependency of Iberia" and "Independent Colchis". The "Royal treasury of Cyinda" event for Asia and Seleucidae. The "Citizenship for metics" event for Miletus. The "Further expansion of the Aetolian League" event for Aetolia. The "Wi Man" event for Joseon. The "Jinhan confederacy" event for Jin. Four events for Gouding. The "Genius of Sima Zhou (Sima Xi)" event for Zhongshan. The "Basileus Nicocles of Cyprus" event for Cyprus.
The AI event for Jin/Jinhan.
One new Provinciae event — the "Founding of Panyu".
One new random event for nomadic states in all scenarios — "Chinese defector". The "Garamantian slave-raiding" random event for the Garamantes. The "Trierarchia" event for Athenae for all scenarios (gives ships). The "Laconian youth became mercenaries" event for Sparta. The "Private euergetism and hellenistic generosity", the "Feng and Shan sacrifices" (for any Chinese state that controls the province of Jinan or for the state of Lu) and "Burial of the sacred bull of Apis" (for a state that controls Memphis) random events for all scenarios.
The "Tribal levies" event system for nomadic states (Xiongnu (after 545 AUC), Xianbei, Wuhuan, Donghu): in each war they receive some cavalry and infantry. The size of the regiments depends on the size of the state. Thus, the nomadic empires are slightly buffed.

Five monarchs for Pergamum. One new monarch for Kalinga — Kalingadhipati. Two for the satrapy of Media: Satrapes, Satrapes Cleomenes. Two for the Xianbei: Chanyu Qizhijian, Tribal leaders. One for Messenia — Oligarkhia. One for Zhongshan — Zhongshan Liu Sheng (Jing) Wang. Two for Yelang: Yelang Duotong Wang, Yelang Xing Wang. One for the Han Empire — Han Che (Wu) Huangdi. Two for Gouding: Gouding Wubo Hou, Gouding Wubo Wang. Senatus as a "monarch" for the Lexovii, the Aulerci and the Eburovices. Some placeholder monarchs for Chu, Qi, Qin, Yan, Zhao, Wei, Lu, Song and Zhongshan as a temporary solution.
Four new leaders for Pergamum. Two new leaders for Iberia: Eristavt-Eristavi Azo and Eristavt-Eristavi Sauromaces. Two new leaders for Asia (Athenaeus, Hieronymus Cardianus), four for Macedonia (Polemarchus Hieronymus Cardianus, Andronicus, Apollonides, Hipparkhos Brachyllas) and two for Boeotia (Hipparkhos Neon, Boiotarkhes Brachyllas). Leaders for Sparta (Cleonymus Cleomenis filius as admiral and as general), Epirus (Cleonymus Spartanus), Capua (Medix Tuticus Seppius Lesius), the Xianbei (Chanyu Qizhijian), Yelang (Yelang Xing Wang), Gouding (Gouding Wubo Hou, Gouding Wubo Wang), Minyue (Zou Li (Tun Han Jiangjun)), Cibyra Magna (Tyrannos Moagetes), Hadramaut (Malik Yada'il Bayyin II) and Zhongshan (Yue Yi).

As usual, a lot of new army-, navy-, leader-, and colonynames, pictures and descriptions, minor changes. Countless fixes (especially in the event scripts and map features). Many old events now have alternative options. Polishing.

As usual, I corrected or changed the names of a bunch of provinces that had incorrect or misspelled ones. For example, it took me several years to figure out that the mapmaker's "Hylava" must be the Greco-Roman Hylaea. "Bacnates" -> "Bacuatae", "Sebrita" -> "Sembritae", "Atele" -> "Alele", "Aeotis" -> "Aeolis", etc. Moreover, Alele and Cillaba should be not in Western Sahara, but in Phasania (according to Gaius Plinius Secundus). I still have not figured out what names a bunch of provinces should have here and there. For example, Tung-qiang-ch'eng (it was Tung-qiang-ch'eng in the code but Tung-chiang-ch'eng on the map), it is wannabe Wade-Giles rendering of some Chinese or Korean name, but I cannot find which name. I remember people praising this "Ptolemy map" and calling it perfect when it was presented. But I must say that it is very, very far from perfect. It is good and maybe the best for an ancient mod for the FTG (among the ones we have), but it has toooo many mistakes. And not only a hundred wrong names. A very controversial choice of provinces, borders. And the map uses a modern coastline, not an ancient one. This is of great importance in the Persian Gulf, the mouths of the Huang He, the Guadalquivir, the Indus and other great rivers. For example, in Burma there should not be the province of Mareura. There must be an ocean. And I am sad that there is no America on the map. It would be interesting to create all these Central American statelets, like in the Historia Antiqua for EU2, or send Hanno Navigator to America. Although this is nitpicking. Of course, Claudius Ptolemaeus din not know about America, but he did not know, for example, about Japan, but it is on the map.

The main grand scenario ("III. 322 ACN — Diadochi"):
Colchis is a client of Iberia from the beginning. The Caletes are clients of the Bellovaci.
Finally, I understood what Dong-yue country (in the versions of my predecessors it was called Dong) should (could) be. Now it is Yangyue. Description, names, picture,..

The Peloponnesian War short scenario ("II. 431 ACN — Bell. int. Pelop. et Athenien."):
Ju is included just to perish under siege by Chu. Historically 431 BC was the last year of the existence of the state of Ju.
New event for Rhodus — "Dorieus of Ialysos". The "Rhodos' own way" event was split into two events: "Rhodos and the Delian League" and "Rhodos' own way". New events for Acarnania — "Molossian raid", for Syracusae — "Aid from Korinthos", for Tyrus — "Control over Salamis", for Yue — "Annexation of Tan" and for the Sabini — unhistorical "Control over Rome".
One more random event for Acarnania — "Akarnanian youth became mercenaries", and one for Mudraya — "Libyan raids".
Three new leaders for Sparta: Strategos Eurylochus, Navarkhos Dorieus Rhodius and Navarkhos Therimenes. One new leader for Phrygia Hellespontica — Tyrannos Mania. One for Yue — Yue Weng (Zhugou) Wang. And one for Rebels — Hermocrates.
Utica gets the Carthaginian AI if the "Ityke — the Lord of the West?" event fires (to do this, Utica needs to own any normally Carthaginian province).
Athenae are now at war with Macedonia from the start of the scenario. Corcyra is at war with the Peloponnesian League.
Nationalism in the Iberian colonies of Carthago, in the province of Syracusae and in the province of Messana have been added.

The Lelantine War grand scenario "I. 724 ACN — Bellum inter Chalcidenses et Eretrienses" (former "I. 734 ACN — Aetas Ferrea"):
Here it is.
Under development.
I got tired of unintentional nationalism all over the world (all claim and casusbelli provinces automatically have nationalism from the 1st year AUC for 30 years, so they have 1% nationalism in 20 AUC). Because of this, the AI countries acted quite passively and garrisoned their provinces instead of interacting with their neighbours. So I decided to change the start date. The scenario now starts in the 30th year AUC. Of course, this results in a lot of changes to the map, countries and diplomacy.
Media, Macedonia, Gades, Hyrcania, Parthia, the Achaemenidae (as Parsa), Amir, Saurashtra, Ju, Lai, Qi, Lu, Song, Zhongshan (as Xianyu), the Odrysae, the Taulantii, the Bottiaei, the Triballi and the Garamantes are included.
Thebais, Aram-Damascus and Messenia are excluded (conquered by Kush, Assyria and Sparta respectively).
Tegea was replaced by Orchomenus.
Two more provinces for Colchis. Two for Miletus. One for Elam. Three provinces of Urartu, one of Elam and one of Israel go to Assyria. And one Assyrian go to Babylonia. Kush historically captured many Egyptian provinces. Chorasmia now has five more provinces.

100 new archaic events:
The "Mutiny in Mannaea and foreign intervention" events for Mannaea, Assyria and Urartu. The "Matiene" event for Mannaea. The "Fall of Tyrus' colonial empire" event for Tyrus gives almost all the West to Carthago (or to Utica if there is no Carthago) after 103 AUC if Tyrus does not control its capital. Two new events for Carthago: "Refugees from Tyrus" and "Carthaginian hegemony" (claims for Carthago). Two events for Utica: "Utica — the Lord of the West?" and "Utica took over Carthago". Random event for Carthago — "Libyan rent". The "Fall of Tyrus' colonial empire" events for Utica and Gades.
New AI events for Carthago to start colonising from 103 AUC and for Tyrus to stop colonising after the "Fall of Tyrus' colonial empire" event. Utica gets the Carthaginian AI if the "Utica — the Lord of the West?" event fires (to do this, Utica needs to own any normally Carthaginian province).
The "Cimmerii" event for all countries of the Asia Citerior, Asia Minor and Sarmatia regions. The "Cimmerian invasion of Colchis", "Cimmerian invasion of Urartu", "Western Cimmerii", "Cimmerii and Mannaei", "Cimmerian invasion of Phrygia", "Miletus and the attack of the Cimmerii on the Greek colonies", "Cimmerii settled down", "Cimmerian invasion of Ellipi", "Shar-kishati and Kishutu" and "Migration of the Treri" events. So, one more country, chaos and many rebels. Very many rebels. Non-AI Phrygia (Mushki) will be asked in the event if they want to continue playing as Phrygia or become the Cimmerri (the "Western Cimmerii" event, non-AI Phrygia must own the province of Pteria).
The "Assyrian rule over Babylonia", "Rebellion of Mardocempadus II", "Assyrian reconquest of Babylonia" and "Second rebellion of Mardocempadus II" events for Babylonia and Assyria. The "Opposition to Mardocempadus II in Babylonia" event for Babylonia. The "Rebellion of Mardocempadus II" event for Elam.
Six events for Lydia: "Support from the Carians" "Lydian control over Ionia", "Lydian coinage", "Succession struggle", "War against Persia" and "'Impregnable' fortress of Sardis".
The "Xshayathiya Phraortes" event for Media.
The "Anshan fell under the rule of the Persians" event for the Achaemenidae.
The "Legal reforms of Bocchoris" event for Aegyptus.
The "Greek colonies in Colchis" event for Colchis.
The "Isolation of Chorasmia" event for Chorasmia.
The "Garamantian Kingdom" event for the Garamantes.
The "Tidal irrigation of rice fields" event for Van Lang.
The "War between Chalcidians and Eretrians" events for Chalcis, Eretria, Miletus, Ephesus, Thessalia, Corinthus, Sparta, Melos, Messenia and 16 more states.
Ten new Provinciae events: "Milesians found Phasis", "Milesians found Dioscurias", "Milesians found Pityus", "720s/710s droughts on Euboea", "720s/710s droughts on Andros", "720s/710s droughts in Attica", "Macedones in Bottiaea and the deportation of the Bottiaei", "Libyan tribes took over the Oxyrhynchite nomus", "Decline of Karkamish" and "Toubou people in Thabudis".
The "Boeotian League" events for Boeotia (Thebai).
The "Victory of Elis and destruction of Pisa" event for Elis
The "Bacchiadae of Lyncestis" event for Lyncestis.
The "Capture of Karkamish" event for Assyria. Random events for Assyria: "Oracle of Shamash" and "Assyrian siege engines".
The "Decline of Orchomenus and rise of Tegea" events turns Orchomenus into Tegea after 74 AUC.
The "Drought and famine in Lu" events for Lu and Qi. The "Help from Qi", "Succession crisis and the rise of the Three Huan", "Victory of Lu Xian Gong over the Three Huan" events for Lu.
Four events about the founding an the restoration of Zhongshan, the "Title of Wang" and the "Great Wall of Zhongshan" events for Zhongshan (Xianyu).
The "Struggle with the Illyrians" random events for the Macedonian and Epirotic provinces. The "Shanrong raid" random event for Yan, Qi and Lu. The "Successful raid" random event for Wuzhong. The "Libyan raids" event for Aegyptus.
More archaic monarchs and leaders for Babylonia, Tyrus, Urartu, Media, Lydia, Macedonia, Sparta, Corinthus, Chalcis, Cilicia, Aegyptus (Kemet), Kush, Odrysia, Taulantii, Orchomenus, Achaea, Tegea, Athenae, Miletus, Massalia, Ephesus, Tarentum, Hyrcania, Parthia, Imperium Achaemenidarum, Saba, Qi, Lu, Zhongshan, Song, Ju, Lai, Gades, Bottiaei, Arcadia, Chalcidice, Corcyra, Croton, Paeonia, the Samnites, the Bruttii, the Sabini, the Nasamones, Amir, Iudaea, Rebels and Pirates.

An unique experimental option for this scenario is the "Assyrian war rules". If enabled, Assyria will have a special event each year that grants 1 victory point and reduces badboy by one point, if Assyria is at war. And it penalises Assyria by 1 VP, if Assyria is at peace. Rebels in the Assyrian core provinces (if they control those provinces) act as a state of war for the event. Of course, you can turn this option off.

All this makes the scenario already quite playable in the Mediterranean and Middle East regions at short distances.

The Mithridatic War grand scenario "IV. 89 ACN — Bella Mithridatica":
Under development.
Dian, the Abrincatui and the Caletes are included. The Kingdoms of Chu, Zhao, Yan, Lu, Wei (as Liang) and Zhongshan are included as the clients of the Han Empire. So mighty.
Two more provinces for the Xiongnu. One for Han. One for Andhra.
The Xianbei are now clients of the Xiongnu.
The Arsacidae now have casusbelli claims in Syria.
More nationalism in southwest China.

You can see that in almost all of my scenarios the tribal countries have standing armies (and fortresses). Strange situation, but I did it to avoid early rush annexations. The human player cannot declare war at the very beginning of the scenario, because countries have 0 diplomats, but the AI is a cheater, and the AI countries can declare war instantly at the beginning even with 0 diplomats. By the way, I do not know what else the AI is cheating in. Is the AI in the FtG as big wild a cheater as in the HoI/Darkest Hour?

What needs to be done in the first place:
1. Transfer all event texts from the event files to the "\Localisation\English\events" to avoid text overflow that can even crash the game. I do it in small portions step by step with each update, but there is still a lot of work to be done.
2. Create a lot of proper tribes-countries and delete Germani, Pretanni, Liguri and even maybe Etrusci (Rasna) countries. I think they were created by my predecessors as placeholder countries out of laziness or haste.
Replace the Colapiani by the Iapydes. The Colapiani were a very late Roman artifitial creation.
Delete the Volcae Tectosages and the Volcae Arecomici from the main scenario. They came to Gallia Narbonensis much later. The province of the Arecomici should pass into the possessions of the Massaliotes, and the Tectosages should be replaced by the Elesyces. Of course, create events for the appearance of the Volcae.
I also think that the Erainn (Iweriu) country should be deleted. I have not already done it yet because I use it a lot in my "spectatortestgames".
3. Create at least primitive events, that will guide the Roman expansion and give claims to Roma. Create the most important Roman leaders.
4. Create countries, monarchs, leaders, events, etc. for Bactria and Indo-Greek Kingdoms, Saka satraps and Yuezhi. Create countries for Northwest India.
5. Create more events for disintegration of the Seleucid and Maurya Empires.
6. Make the Wars of the Diadochi less strict, avoid forced annexations and province ceding by any means.
7. Create more events for the Qin expansion and create events for the rise of Han.

I have an idea to implement the HRE mechanics for Zhou China. You know, the Hegemons of the Spring and Autumn and the Warring States periods. I never thought in this direction before, only tried to use HRE in Greece.

If you have interesting ideas that can be implemented (for example, some random events), please tell me about them. If your ideas are not interesting, please let me know anyway.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
A new version — https://www.mediafire.com/file/q0v7y8c1axt617r/Ab_Urbe_Condita_v.1.75.zip/file
A very important and big update.

First of all, the modification should be installed on top of the FtG with the 1.3 patch from June 2023.
At the moment it is the latest. Without this patch, the modification will not work correctly.

The pack now includes the music from the "Roma Universalis" modification of the Europa Universalis 2. Previously this music could be found in the first post here.

The modification now has thirteen custom rebel types: Aegyptii, Cimmerii, Celti, Galati, Germani, Hilotae (for Sparta only), Iudaei, Sardi, Sarmatae, Cilician Pirates, Illyrian Pirates, Liburnian Pirates, Mamertini. I have tried to make sure that each type spawns in historical areas and in historical years, as far as the current game mechanics allow. There will be more types in future updates.

New countries:
Phanagoria (Fanagoreia) — a polis on the eastern shore of the Bosporus Cimmerianus.
The Bessi (Bessoi) — a Thracian tribe.

One new event for Corinthus — "End of the Lamian War", one for Achaea — "Further expansion of the Achaean League", one for Phrygia — "Cyzicus plead allegiance to Antigonus", one for Pentapotamia — "Archebius Dicaeus Nicephorus inherited Arachosia and Gandhara", one for Van Lang — unhistorical "Au Lac". One for Joseon — "Result of the Yan-Joseon War" with unhistorical result. The "Liburnian withdrawal from Italia" and the "Roman influence" events for the Liburni.
Two unhistorical events for the Nasamones: "Nasamones returned to the coast of the Megale Syrtis" and "Nasamones conquered Cyrene". They are identical to those in the Peloponnesian War short scenario.
The "Abandonment of the Dodecaschoenus event.
The "Buddhism in Arachosia", "Buddhism in Alexandrea ad Caucasum" and "Buddhism in Ortospana" events.
The "Illyrian youth became mercenaries", "Paeonian youth became mercenaries", "Lycian youth became mercenaries", "Numidian youth became mercenaries", "Mauretanian youth became mercenaries" and "Germanic youth became mercenaries" random events.
New AI switching events.

My event scripting skill have improved considerably in all the years I have been working on the project. I was in the stone age of event scripting, but my experience pushed me into the bronze age. So I began revisiting my old events which were pretty rough. I even thought about deleting all events and doing again from scratch, lol.
Optimisation, countless fixes, improvements, new event options.
The FtG mods (and the original game, actually) never fully exploited the FtG's full potential. I use new features that latest patches have added.
A new approach to the random events. I started work on a "revolutionary" random event system that uses "random = xx"% and a lot of triggers for each event, trying to use all the "new" engine features. I was inspired by one big post on this topic here on this forum. Now random events will depend on the current game situation and will not be as out of place and out of time as in the original FtG. I just started, but have already edited a lot of events. Just try to keep high stability and low badboy (not that important).

Four new monarchs for Macedonia (Basileus Megas Antigonus II Gonatas, Basilopais Demetrius, Antigoni filius; Basileus Megas Demetrius II Aetolicus; Epiropos Strategos Antigonus; Basileus Megas Antigonus III Doson). Two new monarchs for Sparta: Tyrannos Nabis and Tyrannos Chaeron. Two for Chera. New monarchs for Syracusae (Demokratia, Oligarkhia), Caria (Basileus Eupolemus), Asia (Antibasileas Zeuxis), Paropamisadae (Basileus Diomedes (Diodotus) Soter, Basileus Theophilus Dicaeus, Basileus Nicias, Basileus Hermaeus Soter), Arachosia (Basileus Amyntas Nicator, Basileus Peucolaus Soter Dicaeus, Basileus Menander II Dicaeus), Pentapotamia (Basileus Epander Nicephorus, Basileus Megas Thraso, Basileus Archebius Dicaeus Nicephorus, Basileus Artemidorus Anicetus), Croton (Tyrannos Menedemus), Orchomenus (Tyrannos Nearchus), Iudaea (Melekh Herodes Magnus Ascalonita), Au Viet (Thuc Che Vu'o'ng) and Au Lac (An Tri Vu'o'ng).

New leaders for Achaea (two terms of service of Strategos Cycliadas, five more terms for Strategos Aratus Sicyonius, one more term for Strategos Eperatus, one for Strategos Euryleo and one for Strategos Nicias), Seleucidae (Strategos Epigenes, Hermius, Strategos Zeuxis, Strategos Xenoetas Achaeus), Aetolia (four terms of service of Strategos Archedemus, one more term fot Strategos Damocritus Calydonius, Strategos Agelaus Naupactius, Alexander), Macedonia (Demetrius Antigoni filius, Basileus Megas Demetrius II Aetolicus, Epitropos Strategos Antigonus, Basileus Megas Antigonus III Doson), Aegyptus (Strategos Epistrategos Syngenes Callimachus Soter, Eudoxus Cyzicensis, Trierarkhos Hippalus), Sparta (Acrotatus Cleomenis filius, Tyrannos Nabis), the Boii (Aneroestes, Concolitanus), Epirus (Basileus Amynander ton Athamanon, Basileus Selipus ton Athamanon), Paropamisadae (Basileus Diomedes (Diodotus) Soter, Basileus Hermaeus Soter), Arachosia (Basileus Amyntas Nicator, Basileus Menander II Dicaeus), Pentapotamia (Basileus Archebius Dicaeus Nicephorus), Chera (Uthiyan Cheralathan, Nedum Cheralathan), Boeotia (Boiotarkhes Dexippus), Aulerci (Dux Camulogenus), Iudaea (Herodes Magnus Ascalonita as Strategos, as Tetrarkhes and as Melekh), Corinthus (Epimeletes tou Peloponesou Dinarchus), Syracusae (Strategos Sosistratus), Pontus (Strategos Leocritus), Arcadia (Strategos Damis), Agrigentum (Strategos Acrotatus Spartanus), Messana (Cios — Mamertini) Caria (Basileus Eupolemus), Phanagoria (Castor), Armenia (Guras, Tigranis frater), Croton (Tyrannos Menedemus), Caucasian Iberi (Mep'e Mirian (Mirvan) II), the Taurisci (Catmelus), the Bessi (Vologases), Insubres (Insuber eques Ducarius), Gerrha (Malik Abi’el), Sardi (Hampsicora, Hiostus), Cilician Pirates (Troxoborus), Au Viet (Thuc Che Vu'o'ng) and Au Lac (An Tri Vu'o'ng).
I shortened the leadernames which were too long for the very tiny window that the game provides.
Fixed many leaderdates. No more undead monarch leaders existing after the death of those monarchs. I did not know before that the game randomises leader deathdates, if I define for them only a specific year and not the full date. I am sorry about that.

As usual, a lot of new army-, navy-, leader-, and colonynames, pictures and descriptions.
I add a Greek name to the list of leader names if I can find at least two or three people with that name in ancient history. I add a Roman gens to the list of leader names if I can find at least two or three people from that gens in high enough positions. For most other ancient peoples, we know (very) few anthroponyms, so I add every name I can find.

Elephantine is now connected to the neighbouring provinces through an invisible river, rather than a normal land connection, because the city of Elephantine was located on the island.
As usual, I corrected the names of many provinces. In the code, not on the map texture.

Ships now move more slowly. I am trying to get the speed of the fleets as close as possible to the real one, based on the information of ancient authors.
Troops now move more slowly across desert terrain. I did this to prevent absurd AI shortcuts through deserts, especially in Aegyptus.

Now you can turn off the Panhellenic Games events, if you find them annoying. The "Sacred Games", a special option for all scenarios. I also decapitalised the default options text.

Some "new" sprites.

Countless little fixes, changes and additions.

The main grand scenario ("III. 322 ACN. Diadochi"):
The province of Tabiene now belongs to Parthia, not Carmania.
The province of Soducene now belongs to Atropatene, not Armenia.
The province of Hippasii now belongs to Paropamisadae, not Bactria.
Syracusae and the Bruttii are at war from the start (Sosistratus' expeditions to Croton and Rhegium).
The Eburovices are no longer clients of the Aulerci, but they have a royal marriage (friendship).
The Lingones (Italia) and the Lingones (Gallia) are now in personal union with each other.

The Peloponnesian War short scenario ("II. 431 ACN. Bell. int. Pelop. et Athenien."):
Phanagoria included.
All events have been revised, except for random (Tykhaios) ones.
Thirty six new events:
The "Welcome!" event that provides some clarification regarding the scenario conditions.
The "Revolts against Athenai in Ionia", "Strengthening ties with the Basileion tou Kimmerikou Bosporou", "Athenian last resort" (historical last resort of 100 ships and some money in 342 AUC), "Oligarchic coup", "Reinstitution of a democratic government", "Athenian expedition against Kydonia" and "Second stage of the Peloponnesian War" events for Athenai.
The "Revolts against Athenai in Troas", "Herakleia he en Trakhini", "Thessalian attack on Herakleia he en Trakhini", "Another Thessalian attack on Herakleia he en Trakhini", "Second stage of the Peloponnesian War" and unhistorical "Defeat in the Peloponnesian War" events for Sparta.
The "Thessalian attack on Herakleia he en Trakhini" and "Another Thessalian attack on Herakleia he en Trakhini" events for Thessalia.
The "Liburnian colonies in Pikenon" and "Liburnian colonies in Daunia" events for the Liburni.
The "Victory in the Peloponnesian War" event for Tegea. The "Oscan conquest of Kume" event for the Samnites. The "Bosporan rule over Fanagoreia" event for Bosporus. The "Herakleia he en Trakhini" event for Boeotia. The "Unrest in Megara" event for Korinthos.
The "100-year peace treaty" events for Ambracia and Acarnania.
Two unhistorical events for Phanagoria: "Fanagoreia conquered Pantikapaion" and "Fanagoreia as the new centre of the Bosporos Kimmerios" (Phanagoria can become the Bosporan Kingdom, if it owns the province of Theudosia).
The "Egyptian lands" event for Kush.
The "Herakleia he en Trakhini" event for the province of Phthiotis. The "Death and legacy of Zeno ho Eleates" event for the province of Lucania. The "Nicodorus and the constitution of Mantineia" event for Arcadia. "Polemarchus" for Attica.
The "Persians re-established control over Aigyptos" event.
The "Illyrian youth became mercenaries" and "Paeonian youth became mercenaries" random events.
An event that switches the AI of Phanagoria to the Bosporan one, if Phanagoria decides to recreate the Bosporan Kingdom. New AI event for Rhodus.
New leaders for Athenae (four terms of service of Strategos Nicias, Strategos Hipponicus, one more term for Strategos Hagno, Niciae filius), Corinthus (Strategos Lycophro, Strategos Battus, Trierarkhos Gongylus, Strategos Erasinides), Boeotia (Strategos Coeratadas), Byzantium (Strategos Helixus Megareus) and Syracusae (Navarkhos Leptines, Dionysii frater).
The Achaemenid empire now has only one capital (in Susa), not four.
Center of trade in Iader.

The Lelantine War grand scenario "I. 724 ACN. Bellum inter Chalcidenses et Eretrienses" (former "I. 734 ACN — Aetas Ferrea"):
Under development.
The Bessi, the Histri and the Santones included.
Two more trading posts for the Liburni. One Liburnian trading post turned into a city. One became the capital of Histri.
One more trading post for Hadramaut.
Center of trade in Syracusae.
All events have been revised.
Twenty five new archaic events:
The "Cilonian Affair", "Draco's code" and "Purification of Athenae from miasma" events for Athenae.
The "Second rebellion of Mardocempadus II" event for Cedar.
Three "Founding of Croton" events. The "Conflicts with Rhegium, Sybaris, Locri and Siris", "Crotonian defeat at the battle of Sagra" and "Crotonian victory over Sybaris" events for Croton.
Two "Founding of Tarentum" events.
The "Fall of Liburnian domination in the Mare Adriaticum" and the "Hellenic influence" events for the Liburni.
The "Cirrhaean War (First Sacred War)" and "End of the Cirrhaean War" events for Thessalia, Athenae and Boeotia or any Greek state that controls the province of Boeotia. Sadly, we do not have a separate province for Phocis, so the war is just a revolt in Boeotia and something else. The "Second Sacred War" event for Athenae, Sparta and any Greek state that controls the province of Boeotia.
The "Migration of the Treri" and "Disappearance of the Cimmerii" events.
Three new Provinciae event: "Rapid population growth in Syracusae", "Rise of Croton" and "Destruction of Helice".
The "Cimmerian youth became mercenaries" random event for the Cimmerii. The "Cretan neutrality" random event for Creta.
Two AI switching events.
Six events from the Peloponnesian War short scenario were transferred here.
More archaic monarchs and leaders for Thessalia, Syracusae, Boeotia, Athenae, Croton, Sparta, Roma, Miletus, Corcyra, Tarentum, Corinthus, Arcadia, Messenia, Elis, Rhodus, Sinope, Babylonia, Aegyptus, Macedonia, Paropamisadae, the Iapyges, Phanagoria, the Bessi, the Aegyptii and Pirates.
The leaders from the Peloponnesian War short scenario were moved here and are available in the grand scenarios as well.
I forgot to mention in the last update that you can play as the Cimmerii by starting this scenario as Phrygia (Muski). You will receive the "Western Cimmerii" event if you own the province of Pteria in 73 — 84 years AUC. You can select "Continue as the Cimmerii" to change the country.

The Mithridatic War grand scenario "IV. 89 ACN. Bella Mithridatica":
Under development.
Paropamisadae, Pentapotamia, Arachosia, the Eburovices, the Lexovii and the Bessi included. The Bessi are at war with the Romans.
Two more provinces for the Xiongnu.
The Scythae are now clients of Pontus until 681 AUC.
Center of trade in Taxila (Glausae province).

I must admit that the game sometimes (really not often) crashes with an error message in any scenario at any time. As in the previous versions. Not invented by this update. I do not know why. I always consult with the validator, revise and optimise event scripts. Please save your game regularly. I am sorry.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
A (The?) new version (I still don't know which article to use here):

The modification should be installed on top of the FtG with the 1.3 beta patch from November 2023.
At the moment it is the latest. Without this patch, the modification will not work correctly.
All changes have been implemented. Although there are no Decicions yet. And there is no HRE in the mod now. In one of the next releases I'll implement the HRE mechanics for the Hegemons of China of the Spring and Autumn period.

New countries:
Musasir (Mushasir) — an archaic petty kingdom subordinate to Urartu.
Gizilbunda — another archaic petty kingdom in Northwestern Iran.
Andia — one more archaic petty kingdom in Northwestern Iran.
Puluadi — one more.
By the way, you can hardly find any other mod or game in which you can play as Gizilbunda, Andia or Puluadi. This is a unique opportunity. Do not miss your chance!
I have resurrected the Corisopiti country. It existed in the very first versions of the "History of Rome". Historicaly, it was a small and insignificant tribe, there is almost no information about it, so I didn't add it to any scenario, but it can be established in the province of Corisopiti from 254 to 699 AUC.

New cultures: Vedda and Naga for pre-Anuradhapura Sri-Lanka (the "I." scenario).
No more Kalinga culture. I realised that it is a duplicate of Odri/Odra culture.

Added new AI files. Removed several useless AI files.
More than 60% of the AI files (I've got 296 of them!) have been revised and improved. Added diversification of garrisoning behaviour. However, fine-tuning requires a lot of testing, so there will definitely be changes in future versions.

Two new events for the Xiongnu: the "Xiongnu were driven northward" and "Modu Chengli Gutu Chanyu and formation of the Xiongnu confederation". New events for Roma ("Marius Statilius"), Triballi ("Triballi were pushed to the east") and Chu ("Dian Kingdom"). New random events "Border incident" and "Good-neighborly relations" for any country.
The "Pirates have taken our capital!" and "Sack of Roma" events which fire if some custom rebels сapture any capital.
Two AI switching events for Cyrene: Now Cyrene can colonise if it loses one of its default colonies due to native activity.
The "Xiongnu war economy" and "Tribal levies" events for nomadic empires of the East are now hidden.
I keep revising old events. Optimisation, countless fixes, improvements, new event options.

New monarchs for the Xiongnu (Touman Chengli Gutu Chanyu, Modu Chengli Gutu Chanyu, Jiyu Chengli Gutu Chanyu), the Donghu (Donghu Lu Wan Wang, Donghu Lu Tazhi Wang), Yan (Yan Lu Wan Wang) and Cyprus (Strategos tes Kyprou Archias). Monarch for the Corisopiti — Tribal leaders.

New leaders for Roma (three terms of service of Consul/Legatus Gaius Fabricius Luscinus, two terms of Consul Quintus Aemilius Papus, Praefectus Marius Statilius), the Xiongnu (Touman Chengli Gutu Chanyu, Modu, Modu Chengli Gutu Chanyu, Jiyu, Jiyu Chengli Gutu Chanyu), Pontus (Strategos Menophanes, Strategos Menemachus, Strategos Myro, Navarkhos Anicetus), Bithynia (Satrapes Zipoetes, Basileus Zipoetes, Basileus Nicomedes, Basileus Zipoetes II), Aetolia (Strategos Lyciscus, two terms of Strategos Tisippus), Acarnania (Strategos Diogenes, Hipparkhos Echedamus, Navarkhos Athenogenes), the Lucani (Sthenius Statilius, Praefectus Marius Statilius), Syracusae (Strategos Lyciscus), Seleucidae (Strategos Patrocles), Babylonia (Strategos Patrocles), Pentapotamia (Basileus Artemidorus Anicetus), Carthago (Alexo Achaeus), Armenia (Hipparkhos Menemachus), Lycia (Hegemon Orthagoras), Boeotia (Pisis Thespius), Cyprus (Strategos tes Kyprou Archias), Qin (explorer Xu Fu), Yan (Yan Lu Wan Wang), the Donghu (Donghu Lu Wan Wang), Lihyan (Malik Dhi Aslan Dhi Manen Han'as ibn Tilmi), Diva (Rajan Sri Srudasarunaditya), Pirates (Anicetus) and Pirate Raiders (Anicetus). And even one leader for the natives (Torishi-Kaya) as an experiment to see how it would work.
There is no more Ptolemaeus VII, the leader of Aegyptus — he was the mistake of my predecessors.

New rebel faction, the Latini. More complex triggers for multiple custom rebel factions, including even relations and random. Some more work on the old rebel factions.

As usual, a lot of new army-, navy-, leader-, and colonynames, pictures and descriptions.
Polishing, polishing, polishing.

I found that about three quarters of all smallshields contained an artifact, a pixel of wrong green color on the right-bottom of the third phase. This could be seen on the scenario selection screen when any of the affected small shields were highlighted. I fixed (cleaned) all shields.
Some unit sprites were fixed.

Land units now move slower, about 75% of their speed in the previous version of the modification.
The route around Africa has become approximately three time shorter for ships than in the previous versions.
Land technology 18, 35 and 51 now improve speed of land units by 5% each. Land tech 0 now has a 10% movement penalty.

It take now 50 years to diploannex your client state, like in the vanilla FtG. It was 20 in the previous version of the AuC.
Now core_claim become core_national after 50 years instead of 30.
Heavy ships now costs 40 money instead of 50.

Countless changes and additions to the map (coordinates, income, manpower, goods, cultures and religions) for historicity. For example, some more historical cities and income in the region of Kalinga, India. The gold mines of Karanataka in India are now located in another province. More income for Ionia. Changes in the distribution of Maharashtri and Miao cultures. Some changes in the goods distribution in Asia Minor and Hispania. All parameters were defined for the provinces of the island of Kyushu. And much more.
The provinces of Umbria and Memphis are now costal.
Venetia is now a marshland. As well as the mouth of the Baetis river, the province of Gades.
As usual, I corrected the names of many provinces.
I was forced to return one dummy province to the provinces.txt because without it, for some reason, the Oceanus Atlanticus province, the one on the very top right, is not displayed correctly (it was displayed as terra incognita and could be selected, however, navies could enter it as usual).

Zoroastrianism is now less tolerant of the Egyptian religion.
Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism are now in the same religious subgroup ("Dharmic").

Slaves (goods) aren't that expensive these days.

Interface text has been decapitalised where possible. Alas, this is possible not everywhere. It takes some getting used to, but after this your eyes will be very grateful.

New keyboard shortcuts: "i" — the population mapmode; "w" — the regions mapmode; "[" — build an army; "]" — build a navy.

Countless little fixes, changes and additions.

The main grand scenario ("III. 322 ACN. Diadochi"):
Albania is now a client state of Atropatene. Dian is a client state of Yelang, not Ailao.
Five more cores for the Celtici. Two more cores for Atropatene. Two more cores for Tarentum. Two for the Xiongnu. One more for the Lusitani, one for the Lucani, one for the Turduli Oppidani, one for the Redones, one for Rhodus and one for the Yangyue.
Atropatene now has Scythian culture. Dian now has Yue culture.
Ptolemaic Egypt now has goods manufactory (Ergasterium) in Hermopolis and four goods manufactories (Ergastula) under construction: in Alexandria, Heracleopolis, Syene and Chemmis. In previous versions they were ready-steady at start. For some reason, the game doesn't show the process of their construction, but the manufactories appeared on 0 january 434 AUC, that is, two years from the beginning of the scenario.
Naval workshops in Bruttium and Peraea.

The Peloponnesian War short scenario ("II. 431 ACN. Bell. int. Pelop. et Athenien."):
The Achaemenid Empire is no longer colonising. It was a test feature that I forgot to remove. Sorry.
The "Ambitions of the Tarantinoi and the founding of Herakleia" event for Tarentum.
Two AI switching events for Cyrene.
One more trading post for Hadramaut.
Now the "Welcome!" event is displayed correctly for players.
Chu can avoid the "Situation in the State of Chu worsened" bad event by having its aristocracy policy lower than 8, or having its centralization policy equal or higher than 5, or having stability = 3. Now every Greek state, not just Croton, can form the Italiote League after 334 AUC if it owns and controls the province of Bruttium and is at war with some barbarians or any non-Italiote country.
Saba can avoid the "Crisis of the Sabaean hegemony" bad event by keeping Hadramaut, Ma'in and Qaraban as its vassals or owning their capital provinces.
Three more cores for Cilicia. Two more cores for Tarentum. One for Rhodus.
The Achaemenid Empire and its satrapies no longer have Phoenician culture. The Achaemenid Empire and Mudraya now have no Greek culture. No more Babylonian culture for Cilicia.
Luxury manufactory (Academia) in Memphis. Goods manufactory (Ergasterium) in Hermopolis. Winery in Messana. Naval workshops in Bruttium and Peraea.
The province of Phrygia Hellespontica now has silver mines (historical ones in Mysia) instead of marble. This gives the Persian satrapy of Phrygia Hellespontica the slight boost it needs.

The Lelantine War grand scenario "I. 724 ACN. Bellum inter Chalcidenses et Eretrienses":
Under development.
Musasir is included (former province of Urartu). Gizilbunda is included (former province of Media). Messenia is included (former province of Sparta). Andia, Puluadi and Getae are included.

One hundred and six new archaic event:
The "Revolt of Yahu-Bihdi", "Dur-Sharrukin", "Death of Sargon II", "Renovation of Ninive", "Urartu accepted the suserainty of Assyria" and unhistorical "Urartu did not accept the suserainty of Assyria" events for Assyria.
The "Loss of Musasir","Defeats of Rusa and the rebellion of Melartua", "Loss of trade monopoly in the North", "Urartu and the suserainty of Assyria", "Urartu and the suserainty of the Cimmerii" and "'Golden Age' of Urartu" events for Urartu.
The "Cimmerian invasion of Lydia", "Urartu accepted the suserainty of the Cimmerii", unhistorical "Urartu did not accept the suserainty of the Cimmerii" and persistent hidden "Successful raid" events for the Cimmerii.
The "Relations with Ephesus", "Cimmerian invasion of Lydia", "Lydian heavy cavalry" and "Can Lydia become a naval power?" events for Lydia.
The "Rise of Tabal", "War with Assyria" and "Tabal and the Cimmerii" events for Tabal.
The "Arganthonius and the first Graeci in Hiberia", "End of Tartessus" and "Iberian mass migrations" events for Tartessos.
Three events for Cumae: the "Tyranny of Aristodemus Malacus", "Lucius Tarquinius Superbus came to Cumae" and "Assassination of Aristodemus and the restoration of oligarchic rule".
Two events for Andia: the "Mutiny in Mannaea" and "Revolt of Telusina".
The "Capital of Phrygia" and "Cimmerii sacked and destroyed the Phrygian capital" events for Phrygia.
The "Friendly ties with Lydia", "Tyrants in power" and "Struggle with the Magnesians" events for Ephesus.
The "Elam lost control of the East" event for Elam.
The "Ambitions of the Tarentini and the founding of Heraclea" event for Tarentum.
The "Rhodii founded Phaselis" events for Rhodus and for the province of Lycia.
The "Founding of Tarentum" events for Sparta and for the Iapyges.
The "Drought and famine in Lu" and unhistorical "Help from Song" events for Lu.
The "Drought and famine in Lu" event for Song.
The "720s/710s droughts on Euboea" and "Euboea fell into decline as a result of the war between Chalcidians and Eretrians" events for Eretria.
The "Messenian War", "Spartan victory in the Messenian War" and unhistorical "Messenian victory in the Messenian War" events for Sparta and Messenia. The "Messenian War" event for other Greek states on the Peloponnesus.
The "Mannaea and the Cimmerii" and "Media Minor" events for the province of Matiene. The "Destruction of Musasir" event for the province of Choathras Mons. The "Emergence of the Caspi" and the "Emergence of the Cadusii" events for Caspiane and Cadusia. The "Aramaeic presence in Commagene" event for Commagene. The "Rise of Tarentum" event for Calabria. The "Rise of Athenae" event for Attica. The "Euboea fell into decline as a result of the war between Chalcidians and Eretrians" event for Euboea. The "Parthenope was refounded as Neapolis" event for Campania. The "Cimmerian attack on Ionia" for Ionia. The "Persian presence in Mardiene" for Mardiene. The "Persian presence in Taocene" for Taocene. Six "Cotton came to xxx" events for five Persian provinces and the island of Tylus. The "Graeci and Liburni in Corcyra" and "Corcyra grew to become a great naval power" events for the province of Chaonia.
The "Liburni were expelled from Corcyra" and unhistorical "Liburni became masters of Corcyra" events for the Liburni.
The "Liburni were expelled from Corcyra", "Hostility between Corinthus and Corcyra" and unhistorical "Corinthians became masters of Corcyra" events for Corinthus.
The "War between Chalcidians and Eretrians" and "Hostility between Corinthus and Corcyra" events for Corcyra.
Seven new events about the Elis-Pisa confrontation for the province of Elis, the country of Elis and the country of Messenia. If Messenia is at war with Elis, then it controls the armies of the Pisatans, if not, then they are controlled by rebels.
The "Revolt of the Etinaeans" random event for Urartu. The "Great Greek colonisation" random event for some Greek poleis (the colonisers). The "Struggle between pro-Assyrian and pro-Babylonian factions" random event for Elam. The "Struggle between pro-Assyrian and pro-Elamite factions" random event for Ellipi. The "Cimmerian raid" random event for the countries of Western Asia.
Twelve new AI switching events: two for Corinthus, two for the Etrusci, one for Roma, one for Miletus, one for Ephesus, one for Lydia, one for Tartessos/Turdetani, one for Achaea, one for Eretria and one for the Getae.
The unhistorical event "Unification of the Luwian-Aramaean states" fires if a country with Hittite culture (Tabal, Kammanu (Malizi), Kummuh (Kummaha), Cilicia (Hiyawa) or Karkamisa) owns at least five of the seven provinces: Cyrrhestica, Amanus Mons, Commagene, Cataonia, Orsenes, Cappadocia, Campestris no later than 154 AUC. It now has four options-actions. If the Neo-Hittite Empire was formed, a new event the "Capital of the Neo-Hittite Empire" fires. It is unhistorical, of course. It gives the opportunity to choose the capital.
The "Italiote League" event for the province of Bruttium has been thransfered here from the Peloponnesian War scenario. The same goes for the "Tarentum became the hegemon of the Italiote League" event.
The "Assyrian war rules" annual events are now hidden. I. e. only Assyria see them, so as not to bother player.

New monarchs for Assyria (Sharru Rabu Dannu Sennacheribus), Babylon (Sharru Rabu Dannu Sennacheribus in a union with his Assyrian ego), Mannaea (Shar Erisinni, Xshayathiya), the Cimmerii (Shar Kishati Dygdamis (Lygdamys)), Ma'in (ten monarchs), Ephesus (Oligarkhia), Cyzicus (Tyrannos Aristagoras) and Shangdang (Tai Shou Xing Boliu). Monarchs for Musasir, Gizilbunda, Andia and Puluadi.

New leaders for the Philistini (Seren Mitinti, Seren Rukibti, Seren Sidqa, Seren Azuri, Seren Yamani, Seren Mitinti, Seren Sharru-lu-dari), Elam (Nergal-nasir, Tannanu, Eshshana Khallushu-Inshushinak), Assyria (Sharru Rabu Dannu Sennacheribus, Turtanu Sha-Nabu-shu), Media (Xshayathiya Dusanni (Saparda), Mamitiarsu), Tabal (Gurdi, Hantawattura x-ussi), Gizilbunda (Shar Zizi, Shar Zalaia), Messenia (Basileus Pantaleo (Pisa), Basileus Pyrrhus (Pisa)), Mannaea (Shar Ullusunu), Andia (Shar Telusina), Puluadi (Lugal Kadiau), Ammon (Malek bani'Aman Peduel), Moab (Malek Chemosh-nadab), Edom (Malek Malik-rammu), Musasir (Shar Urzana), Rhodus (Oikistes Antiphemus), Kemet (Phoenices — an expedition of Phoenician explorers commissioned by Necho II), Achaemenid Persia (explorer Sataspes), the Cimmerii (Shar Kishati Dygdamis (Lygdamys)), Ma'in (Malik Abkarib), Sparta (Navarkhos Pisander), Phrygia Hellespontica (Strategos Conon), Cyzicus (Tyrannos Aristagoras), Shangdang (Tai Shou Xing Boliu) and Rebels (Shar Sharrani Melartua, Lugal Ishparaba, Basileus Pantaleo, Basileus Pyrrhus). New leader for Eretria, "Strategos*" with a fire attribute of 0 to represent that the Euboeans didn't use ranged weapons in the battle of the Lelantine Plain, according to Archilochus.

Sparta is at war with Messenia. However, the Spartans are already besieging the capital of Messenia and should win this year. This is a depiction of the very end of the First Messenian War. Messenia also participates in the Lelantine war on the side of Eretria and Miletus.
Corcyra is now participating in the Lelantine War on the Chalcis' side. Corcyra is a client of Corinthus.
AI Eretria has "ferocity = yes" until 45 AUC or until it obtains the province of Euboea.
The Italic countries are in friendship until 154 AUC.
One more province for Urartu. One more trading post for Hadramaut.
Gordyene now belongs to Assyria, not Urartu.
Mannaea is now a client kingdom of Assyria. Zancle is now a client state of Cumae.
Three more cores for Cilicia. Three for Tabal. Three for Karkamish. Two more cores for Assyria. Two for Elam. Two for Urartu. Two for Mannaea. One for the Achaemenidae. One for Phrygia. And one for the Odrysae.
The Philistini now have Phoenician culture and lay claim to Pelusium. Urartu, Mannaea and the Philistini now have Syriac culture. Tabal has the Hurro-Urartian culture.
Centers of trade in Euboea, Tartessus, Anshan and Thospia (Tushpa, Van).
Luxury manufactory (Academia) in Memphis. Goods manufactory (Ergasterium) in Hermopolis. Wineries in Aeolis and Troas. Naval workshops in Peraea and Phrygia Hellespontica.
Barracks for Babylon and Elam. No more shipyard in Attica.
The capital of Colchis (Qulha) is now in the province of Phasis until 34 AUC. After 34 AUC it is moved to the province of Apsilae.
Tartessus now colonises a little.
Iudaea is the defender of the faith (Judaism).

The Mithridatic War grand scenario "IV. 89 ACN. Bella Mithridatica":
Under development.
Dian is now a client state of Ailao.
Aegyptus now lays claim to Cyrenaica. Five more cores for Atropatene (the ones from the main grand scenario). One more for Armenia. And one for the Redones.
Atropatene now has Scythian culture. Dian now has Yue culture.
The center of trade in Ma'rib was moved to Eudaemon (the province of Homeritae).
Goods manufactory (Ergasterium) in Hermopolis.
The very essence: I have edited everything and shall edit more.
A huge archaic content pack (106 new events and much more), more details, polishing, polishing, polishing. Decapitalisation of the interface. New keyboard shortcuts: "i" — the population mapmode; "w" — the regions mapmode; "[" — build an army; "]" — build a navy.
There is still a lot to be done, but with this huge archaic content pack, the scenario "I. 724 ACN. Bellum inter Chalcidenses et Eretrienses" is alredy living its own life. Give it a try and you will only regret three things: that you haven't play it before, that it is AuC 1.80 and not AuC 2.00, and that you have only one live to play it.

Why haven't I yet created a separate topic for AuC yet? Because for this I need to write a large and clear description of the mod and its main features, upload screenshots, etc. I prefer to spend my time creating new content for the mod. But one day I shall create a separate thread. :)

Merry Saturnalia.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: