• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

gnubert

Recruit
Jun 27, 2023
Hi!

Looking to possibly upgrade my computer before the launch of CS2. Following the dev diary from yesterday regarding traffic AI, there was a mention about how much more complex the pathing is, and that the only limit to how many citizens you can have is your hardware. In the dev diary it also says something about the game beeing able to utilize more cpu-cores.

So, my question is, do you think that its more useful to have many cores, like a 7900x or even 7950x, or would it be better with fewer cores but with 3d v-cache, like the 7800x3d??

• 1Like
Reactions:
So, my question is, do you think that its more useful to have many cores, like a 7900x or even 7950x, or would it be better with fewer cores but with 3d v-cache, like the 7800x3d??
If the engine in CS2 works like in the first game, I would buy a CPU with 3d v-cache. The performance gain from a 5800X to a 5800X3D was between 40 to 50% in my benchmarks. :) Same with Stellaris and Factorio.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Hi!

Looking to possibly upgrade my computer before the launch of CS2. Following the dev diary from yesterday regarding traffic AI, there was a mention about how much more complex the pathing is, and that the only limit to how many citizens you can have is your hardware. In the dev diary it also says something about the game beeing able to utilize more cpu-cores.

I will revive this old thread, now that the game is comed out.

7950x vs 7950x3d on big cities, someone that owns those cpus can answer pleaseee?

Reactions:
If the engine in CS2 works like in the first game, I would buy a CPU with 3d v-cache. The performance gain from a 5800X to a 5800X3D was between 40 to 50% in my benchmarks. :) Same with Stellaris and Factorio.
If this is true, then sounds like my recent upgrade from a 2700x to 5800x3d was the better choice; even though the 5800x was cheaper?

If this is true, then sounds like my recent upgrade from a 2700x to 5800x3d was the better choice; even though the 5800x was cheaper?
5800x3d will be better than 5800x.

But here we were talking about the difference from 8 cores with 3d cache, and 16 cores without it.

I think that 16 cores without it are better than 8 with 3dvcache, ONLY in this game.

That's why 7950x3d is the king until now. OFC i won't consider the threadripper

I'm using 7950x3d, 64GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, 4070ti. My city has a 300k population, I modified the Game.dll to change the probability of work from 40% to 70% and disable the traffic limitation which will limit the traffic if your city has too many populations. My simulation speed is about 1.2-3.3x (it floats when the traffic is jammed)

Too early to discuss, game needs a LOT of optimisations, without festive breaks and even weekends too.

Wow. God forbid these people take a break. smh.

This may be the most self-entitled thing I've seen on here.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Some people don't deserve games.

Or much of anything else good either.

• 2Like
Reactions: