• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(11002)

First Lieutenant
Sep 13, 2002
My game keeps on crashing about the time of the first Spanish Civil War events. When I play Core it works fine, but I can't loan saved games.

I'm playing on 1.04, with New Order Events and some updated picks. I'm playing the latest Core.

Have you done the standard stuff, like rename your AVI folder to AVI_back, updated your audio and video drivers, operating system etc.

You should post in the C.O.R.E. forum. Probably in the C.O.R.E. 0.3 Discussion Thread. The problem is that C.O.R.E. modifies some game files so it will affect all games you play with that copy of HoI. If 1.05 fixes all the moddir problems they may be able to release a version of C.O.R.E. that doesn't affect the original game.

Okay, good idea, I will move it to that forum.
*Moved

Latest CORE includes whole new techtree with new id's for technologies that were not present in original HoI.
Everytime you try to play normal HoI with CORE 0.3 installed and civil_war or independence happens, game will crash.

As jdrou said, his problem is caused by faulty mod-dir in HoI 1.04 -I hope that in incoming patch those problems will be removed (1.05 readme file claims that mod-dir is no longer bugged).