• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(85268)

Recruit
Oct 8, 2007
I recently bought the PC Game "Rush For Berlin". When I try to hit "play" on the startup screen, it brings me to another small, grey screen that says "Deep Silver Protection System", and states : "to launch the application, you need to install additional libraries on your computer. Would you like to install them now?" I click "yes", and then another gray screen comes up as soon as I hit "yes", and states: "error", to install the application you must have administrator privileges on your computer". I own my own laptop, hence I am the administrator and have all administrator privileges. What should I do?

Just checking here - you have set up the account you are logged in upon to have administrator privileges as well, right? Rebooting the computer might also help (rarely hurts, at least) ;)

http://forum.deepsilver.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=174 is the StormRegion tech support forum, if you want to double (or more) your chances of getting quick help, but I didn't see any mention of other people having had your problem in the past.

Some people have had "Administrator" problems but it did not relate to the Copy Protection. It seems they had a problem because they were using Vista. Are you?

If so, the fixes for them might work for you too. Send me an email at support@stormregion.com and we'll try to help you out.

Help

[SR]Caveman said:
Some people have had "Administrator" problems but it did not relate to the Copy Protection. It seems they had a problem because they were using Vista. Are you?

If so, the fixes for them might work for you too. Send me an email at support@stormregion.com and we'll try to help you out.

Yes...I am having the same problem and it's bugging the heck out me. I am running vista and i know that's part of the problem. So if you have found a way please tell

dannyrules92 said:
Yes...I am having the same problem and it's bugging the heck out me. I am running vista and i know that's part of the problem. So if you have found a way please tell

I would be happy to help. Go ahead and send me an email to the address I gave above. :)