• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ConjurerDragon

Generalissimus
79 Badges
Apr 19, 2005
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Impire
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Pride of Nations
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • East India Company Collection
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
The help text explains the supportable amount of ships in the first line with +31 (Number of Ports).

However in the 1.3 beta it is no longer the number of ports (that would be 7 for Granada in this picture including the Azores and Baleares) but the basetaxvalue of Ports
" _NAVY_SUPPORT_PORTS_FACTOR_ = 0.50 # per base tax value point of owned ports on the same continent or with a land connection to the capital" (which I reduced from 1 to 0,50 in my testgame which would be 63 X 0,50 = 31
1646999655636.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The helptexts for merchants, diplomats and missionares show the exact calculation of the current gain.

I´m only confused with the help display for colonists (AGCEEP mod 1.59b5 Fantasy Granada scenario):

1647085247294.png

Current gain 0 due, due to domestic policies - 0,20 - so the number is only positive but can´t be negative?

I´m at Innovative 2 which is displayed as +1,20 colonists and
Land 8 which displays -0,60 colonists in the domestic policies screen.

As it is possible to gain partial representativs / year (e.g. +3,40 merchants) I would expect that
I gain 0,60 (1,2 - 0,60).

Am I missing a number here or does something explain the difference between my expected +0,60 colonists and the 0 the game shows?

The helptexts for merchants, diplomats and missionares show the exact calculation of the current gain.

I´m only confused with the help display for colonists (AGCEEP mod 1.59b5 Fantasy Granada scenario):

Current gain 0 due, due to domestic policies - 0,20 - so the number is only positive but can´t be negative?

I´m at Innovative 2 which is displayed as +1,20 colonists and
Land 8 which displays -0,60 colonists in the domestic policies screen.

As it is possible to gain partial representativs / year (e.g. +3,40 merchants) I would expect that
I gain 0,60 (1,2 - 0,60).

Am I missing a number here or does something explain the difference between my expected +0,60 colonists and the 0 the game shows?
Mercantilism also affects colonists at the rate of 0.2 colonists per tick: +1 for full Free Trade and -1 for full Mercantilism.

Reactions:
The help text explains the supportable amount of ships in the first line with +31 (Number of Ports).

However in the 1.3 beta it is no longer the number of ports (that would be 7 for Granada in this picture including the Azores and Baleares) but the basetaxvalue of Ports
" _NAVY_SUPPORT_PORTS_FACTOR_ = 0.50 # per base tax value point of owned ports on the same continent or with a land connection to the capital" (which I reduced from 1 to 0,50 in my testgame which would be 63 X 0,50 = 31
I believe this has always been the case and we just never changed the text. I'm hesitant to do text changes at this point because I don't know if any translators are still available to ensure all supported languages are covered.

I believe this has always been the case and we just never changed the text. I'm hesitant to do text changes at this point because I don't know if any translators are still available to ensure all supported languages are covered.
My FtG contains only localizations for english and french. Are there any else?

Refinery = Brewery?

In the manufactory building screen it is called a refinery, in the province screen the completed manufactory is labelled a refinery but the help text for the Sugar good names it brewery.

Screenshot from AGCEEP Fantasy Granada:

1647790732524.png