• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Pak-Man

Corporal
29 Badges
Aug 31, 2008
  • Dungeonland
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Starvoid
  • Majesty 2
  • Magicka
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Impire
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • BATTLETECH
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • The Showdown Effect
OK. So Majesty 2 has a new patch that gives me access to an in-game store with lots and lots of nifty new content purchased with Gamer's Gate money. I get that. But alongside this I'm hearing all these whispers of a big "Kingmaker" expansion of some sort on the way.

I just want one question answered before I go on a spending spree and buy everything in sight:

What is Kingmaker? Or more specifically, will Kingmaker be a nifty bundled-up, possibly physical retail package crammed with all the stuff I can buy now at a conveniant price, or is Kingmaker going to be even MORE new content? Or was this patch Kingmaker? Can someone clear this up for me? I don't want to plunk virtual money down for virtual goods, when I can possibly pay real money for physical goods. :^)

Here is what I know which won't answer all your questions, but may help some.

Kingmaker will be an expansion available for download that will add in more monsters to fight (goblins) and more maps. Those aren't currently available for download from the in-game store. You can pre-order Kingmaker from Gamersgate.com right now, but cannot pre-order from Best Buy or Amazon, so I don't know if there will be a box version. May be digital only.

As to what else it will have, I'm not sure yet. It might contain some of the items available for download now, so I'd wait to get an official answer or wait until Kingmaker is available and someone else can answer for sure.

They mentioned the assassins also being in the expension, so yeah, I would hold off buying *anything* until the X-pack is released.

(And yes, I am interested to know too if there will be a physical release. I like my discs)

That sucks :(
Also, 4GB harddisk space needed? The original takes 1.2, where does the additional 2.8 from the X-pack come from?
I guess false information displayed there. The installer of Kingmaker is ~ 235 mb. Or maybe they set it up to 4 gb to have some space for upcoming x-packs and dlc.

OK. I can deal with digital, but I'd still like to know if the stuff in the store right now is going to be repeated in the kingmaker expansion. Also, if I have a physical copy, can I use the Gamers Gate expansion?

OK. I can deal with digital, but I'd still like to know if the stuff in the store right now is going to be repeated in the kingmaker expansion. Also, if I have a physical copy, can I use the Gamers Gate expansion?
If you own an EN version of the game then you can use the gamersgate version of Kingmaker.

Atm we don't know if some stuff of the shop will be included in Kingmaker (like the temple of lunord i.e.). Wait some days until the release and you will have your answer. I have preordered Kingmaker and don't buy anything from the shop until Kingmaker is out.

250 Reward Preorder
1013 Reward Order
50 Reward Rating

These are the blue coins you will get for purchasing Kingmaker. 250 Coins is the default amount you get for pre-ordering games on gamersgate.

And of course pre-ordering is possible until release. Have fun!

So you get 1313 Blue Coins for Pre-ordering MFKS2:Kingmaker?
Which is enough to buy... well... pretty much nothing from the ingame shop?

Hmmm... nvm then. I'll wait to see what you guys think about it, not pre-order.

I haven't had time to really dig in to the expansion yet, but I can say for sure that the 2 quests in the store are not included in Kingmaker. If the Temple of Lunord or any of the hero abilities/5th level weapons/skins are included in Kingmaker, it doesn't keep you from buying them in-store.

I can say with certainty (having beaten the expansion), nothing that you can buy from the in-game shop is included with the expansion (unfortunately). You get the Ice Mages, but those are free anyways. So buy away!