Help me stop my liege from culture flipping me lol

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Adrik Thorsen

Ché
47 Badges
May 16, 2016
www.leftvoice.org
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III Referal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris
It wasn't a huge issue as a duke, but as a count, I have serious problems. Playing a Hellenist run, starting as count of Laconia(i.e. Sparta, which is a holy site). Have title revocation and religious freedom protections in feudal contract, but my Duke keeps culture flipping my counties. I mean I only have two, and Hellenist has communal identity so religious conversion takes like... 94 years if not my culture. I could go Greek I suppose... but as the only Roman culture in existence, and always splashing into scholar, I have better control over innovations. So here's what is happening, every few years, my county gets flipped by my liege, I flip it back and by the time that is done my OTHER county has been flipped, and so on. It only happens when I play as a count when I play as say Doux of Athens, Basileus never flips my culture.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It wasn't a huge issue as a duke, but as a count, I have serious problems. Playing a Hellenist run, starting as count of Laconia(i.e. Sparta, which is a holy site). Have title revocation and religious freedom protections in feudal contract, but my Duke keeps culture flipping my counties. I mean I only have two, and Hellenist has communal identity so religious conversion takes like... 94 years if not my culture. I could go Greek I suppose... but as the only Roman culture in existence, and always splashing into scholar, I have better control over innovations. So here's what is happening, every few years, my county gets flipped by my liege, I flip it back and by the time that is done my OTHER county has been flipped, and so on. It only happens when I play as a count when I play as say Doux of Athens, Basileus never flips my culture.
The only viable strategy I can think of is to get a hook on him and force him to let you educate his heir into Roman culture.

Take his duchy. The Basileus is likely too busy developing Constantinople to care about your culture. I wish I could say the same, I am always too busy civilizing barbarians.
The only viable strategy I can think of is to get a hook on him and force him to let you educate his heir into Roman culture.
That will make him either convert his other counties to Roman if they are adjacent to Roman counties, making him the culture head, or he will flip back to Greek because AI really wants to adopt local culture if it matches their liege's culture.

Would be nice addition to the feudal contract system to be able to prevent culture conversion as you can already have religious protection.

Reactions: