• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

oliver909

Private
15 Badges
Mar 24, 2024
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
As a color blind person I have a hard time seeing borders between countries in EU4, will there be a "colorblind friendly" mode in project Ceasar? For example a small thing like being able to change the colors manually of countries while you play would make a big difference for me.

Last edited:
  • 18Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Wouldn't it be easier to choose the country colours so they are easily distinguishable for the most common colour blindness? Keeping similar to "historical" colours, of course.

And the UI should definitely be colourblind friendly since they're starting from scratch.

Same goes for people with bad eyesight who need larger fonds or, as in another thread, being flexible for translations

• 1Like
Reactions:
A colorblind mode with simpler map colors and clearer UI sounds good.

In a related question, how are mods that cater to this? It seems like the spectrum of impairments in rather large, and I'm honestly wondering if the devs are better at this than the people who know how to solve some issues through living their whole lives. A modder who is actually colorblind knows exactly what the issues are and can probably change them. Or someone who can't point the mouse very accurately making some changes to make the game only-keyboard. The list could go on, and if the devs were to make a special mode for all of these, how high would the quality of these modes be?

I'm definitely not trying to be insensitive, honestly wondering how these mods were for eu4 for example as I did not interact with them.

A colorblind mode with simpler map colors and clearer UI sounds good.

In a related question, how are mods that cater to this? It seems like the spectrum of impairments in rather large, and I'm honestly wondering if the devs are better at this than the people who know how to solve some issues through living their whole lives. A modder who is actually colorblind knows exactly what the issues are and can probably change them. Or someone who can't point the mouse very accurately making some changes to make the game only-keyboard. The list could go on, and if the devs were to make a special mode for all of these, how high would the quality of these modes be?

I'm definitely not trying to be insensitive, honestly wondering how these mods were for eu4 for example as I did not interact with them.
I would rather have the devs try to make a colorblind mode than have to rely upon modders solving it. Not saying modders are not good at what they do, I just prefer not having to download mods.

Reactions:
Victoria 3 has colorblind mode settings. So I would expect that to carry over to newer releases.

We are looking at it as well.

• 9Like
  • 8Love
Reactions: