• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Big EU4 Noob

Recruit
May 20, 2021
Struggling with this achievement. I did a casual Spain run to tick off a few achievements and finished the mission tree around 1750. I decided to get the achievement "Even Better Than Piet Heyn".

I have 600 light ships (and can easily double that) and I've sent them to the Chesapeake Bay node (which has 9 colonial ports and 19 provinces (including the 9 ports) owned by a French colony.

I own all of South America, the Caribbean and Mexico. Soon after I took over England, Great Britain ceded Alaska and the United States (which has the rest of the Chesapeake Bay provinces). And when I stabbed France in the back for their Dutch lands, they ended up losing Illinois.

Am I doing something wrong? Or have I just wrecked the colonial nations too hard to get this achievement?

I got it recently. I got it by pirating the Caribbean trade node as the gold from Central America travels through there to Sevilla. You need to pirate gold specifically from treasure fleets. CN's send gold via these fleets instead of getting the revenue and the Caribbean is the main node through which these fleets pass. North America doesn't have any gold provinces if I recall correctly. I'd restart as another nation such as England or the Netherlands. I got it as Oirat.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I got it recently. I got it by pirating the Caribbean trade node as the gold from Central America travels through there to Sevilla. You need to pirate gold specifically from treasure fleets. CN's send gold via these fleets instead of getting the revenue and the Caribbean is the main node through which these fleets pass. North America doesn't have any gold provinces if I recall correctly. I'd restart as another nation such as England or the Netherlands. I got it as Oirat.
Ahh, okay. Yeah, I own all the gold in the Americas. I'll do it next time I do an HRE run. Thank you

Best of luck. Pirating your own treasure fleet isn't going to work unfortunately.

I did a Danish run, established the Danelaw, kicked out the English (they relocated their capital to Bermuda) and then went on to take over Busan and Japan to get the Tea achievement. With 250 light ships, I went back to Bermuda, liberated them from the English and then within a month or two of pirating, I got the achievement.

Thanks for your help. To think I was trying to pirate my own gold with 600 light ships for 20-30 years, haha.

• 1Like
Reactions: