• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they work like missionaries and add base tax or something like that.

Sounds plausible to me. I'm guessing a temporary percentage boost, encouraging you to send them to high value provinces.

But the name of the country was not formally "The British Empire."

I wasn't claiming that, I was pointing out that democratic empires exist. But to stick to your point: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland does indeed have a monarch, who may or may not be a king, but is it less democratic than the Democratic People's Republic of Korea? There are plausible explanations for the in-game scenario of the Byzantine Empire republic. Like I said though, I still see your point.

As for the much pondered magistrate:
1 The office or dignity of a magistrate. LME-L16.
2 gen. A civil officer administering the law, a member of the executive government. LME.
3 spec. A person conducting a court of summary jurisdiction (see magistrates' court below); a justice of the peace; (freq. w. specifying wd) a salaried official carrying out such duties. In pl. also, the provost and councillors of a Scottish burgh, as forming a court for police jurisdiction and the granting of licences. L17.
4 In full Glasgow magistrate. A herring. Sc. slang. M19.
Edit: I should probably attribute this to the Oxford Dictionary.

So now the question is why we need herrings in the game. It's not like it could be someone administering the law in any way, possibly reducing revolt risk, that would be silly.

Last edited:
If we have herrings in the game, do fish-producing provinces result in getting more of them?

Very interesting chance to the HRE, more seriously. And of course very curious about the magistrates.

Also, were there any map changes in North America? If so, can we get a screenshot thereof eventually?

MichaelM said:
Wait, wasn't there already a revolt risk mapmode? It's been a while since I played, but I thought I remembered one.
You're remembering EU2, methinks.
Actually-- *clears throat*-- EU2 doesn't have a revolt risk mode. But For the Glory does.

I thought at first that magistrates were the new advisors, since the feature sheet of HT was now talking about cultural tradition to get advisors now...

Very nice, this really adds depth to the HRE, without overloading it like in SRI.

SRI is already a masterpiece in its own right considering all the constraints that modders have to face when doing so. So having access to the source code raises the expectation level substantially. Therefore, HttT should be able to exceed whatever mods are out right now since ideally, we don't want something that's already existing anyway. :D

It does seem though that HttT will deliver since they're giving us things that we had always wanted but cannot be modded-in such as the new map-modes, heirs, magistrates, and the like. I just hope SRI will be adapted to HttT. It would be interesting to see what changes Helius can add the moment he gains access to the new features HttT offers. :D

I thought at first that magistrates were the new advisors, since the feature sheet of HT was now talking about cultural tradition to get advisors now...

Sounds like a good guess

Sounds very good!
Can't wait! :)

Actually-- *clears throat*-- EU2 doesn't have a revolt risk mode. But For the Glory does.

I could have sworn in EU2, if you went to the religious map mode, the darker the province the higher the revolt risk. Used that pretty often with big, naughty empires.

I guess not outright called "Revolt Risk Map," but was close enough for me...

Edit: In action...

Taken from the bottom of this entry of the Serpents in Lombardian Paradise AAR. Can be seen in effect in various provinces. They use the religious map rather liberally in the AAR, so you can see how it changes in other screenshots. It could be better, but EUII had it and it could be useful.

On another note, it's a bit hard to find such a specific EUII screenshot nowadays. :p

Last edited:
Too easy, try the Knights' :rofl: (you have to conquer your way into the empire, move your capital, change government while making new friends)

Well IMO the knights in 1399 are pretty much a great power. Quite a few decent provinces, you can join the HRE on Day 1. All you need to make Danzig join, and then all your order provinces except Samagotia, is to get 15 more relations with Hungary - something you can achieve in four different ways instantly. This also gives you a big prestige boost. Moving your capital and changing government is no big long-term issue, and your HRE relations are not bad in any way, shape or form.

IMO Teutonic Knights > Mainz > Riga when it comes to aiming to become a power in the HRE. Furthermore, since you can easily gain Polish culture and have Lithuanian from the start, you can have an Empire that pushes eastward more easily; eastern and central Europe can be your playground within a few decades. Finally you get the early Hanseatic League boosts, to boot, IIRC.

This being said, Im strongly thinking to play my first HTTT (gee, this sounds like an internet protocol) game with precisely this country, mainly because its about the only Christian power I havent played in forever and itll be perfect to test all this new HRE stuff.

The Knights Hospitaller, not the Teutonic Knights. :p

Could it maybe be possible to allow modders to mod in extra systems similar to the HRE? I thought of this while perusing the Rising Nations forum, where somebody was suggesting turning the HRE into the EU but it wasn't feasible because they would have to completely disable the HRE to form the EU.

Could it maybe be possible to allow modders to mod in extra systems similar to the HRE? I thought of this while perusing the Rising Nations forum, where somebody was suggesting turning the HRE into the EU but it wasn't feasible because they would have to completely disable the HRE to form the EU.

Right, I had thought that the HRE could be recreated 1950ish by event, but called the European Union with a few changes and fixes. But L Lawliet and dharper showed that it wasn't feasible because of big, buggy things (i.e. couldn't change name to EU, electorates wouldn't change from year to year, republics couldn't be elected as President(Emperor), etc.)

If the developers did allow increased modding of the HRE, I'm sure lots of people would be happy. Let's hope it happens.

I'm excited. This is a good change. HRE needed more relevance.

Will there be anything more about dynasties in the future development diaries or was No. 3 it? Hopefully not? It'll be called Heir to the Throne, surely there'll have to be more.

As a new state, called the Holy Roman Empire.

Great!

But then some questions arise:

1) in IN the flag for Germany is actually the HRE one. Are you moving the current german flag to the HRE and give a new one to Germany? If so, please, take the 1848 flag - which happens to be the current flag of Germany, too. The black-white-red flag could be given to Germany if formed from Prussia. It shouldn't be difficult to implement two "form Germany" decisions, right?
Alternatively, you could give the black-white-red to any Germany founded through unification, but save the 1848 flag for a revolutionary Germany birthed from imperial Germany, or from the HRE.

2) if you have the correct culture, you can go on from an unified HRE to form Germany, right?

3) the HRE was a mixture of german, lombard, burgundian, walloon, provencal, czech, schlesian and baltic cultures, but theoretically open to everyone. Will an unified HRE have special rules regarding accepted cultures, or will you let the normal cultural dynamic take hold after unification?

4) does the provincial decision "join the HRE" affect imperial authority in some way?

Oh no! The dev team is having as much fun mocking us as making the game!

EDIT: That is not to say I am going to press liability for being mocked by Paradox or a person employed by Paradox or a subsidiary of Paradox or an affiliate of Paradox or a country which Paradox is located in or a satellite Paradox may or may not have launched to observe the activities of the Russians while they develop the game or affiliates of the Doom Satellite(TM)

Status
Not open for further replies.