• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

NexusSix

Truth Speaker
40 Badges
May 16, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sengoku
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Rome Gold
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Magicka
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
The game does not seem to recognise any of my 3 sons as an heir and I have the red blood drop help tool telling me I have no heirs !?
This is odd because just before I resgin / reloaded for dinner my eldest son is heir.

I have let the game roll for 1 year and still no update.

Now before someone says its because the nobles are voting in someone else.
1) I have no nobles I am a count ( or Japanesse version of )
2) There is no heir available, not a cousin, son or w/e ( apparantly !!! )
3) All three of my sons are legitmate ( unsure if there is a bastard feature in Sengoku) and born within the game rather than spawning with my wife . courtiers etc.

note : Got a set of twins as well, male and female. Was pretty impressed that was implemented :)

Upvote 0
Just broke away from my clan...

Before I was eaten up by the honorless bastard (14) and his moron allies ( +60 me -57 him.. but he sides with him... roflcopter ) My nice blood drop changed.

My heir was now Gomo Chikedia, my first born... YAY..
Oh wait... hes not part of my dynasty.....( alegedly)
The new blood drop kindly informed me of this !!!!

If the broken plot hadnt destroyed this save game, this bug surely has !!!

Time to fire up for round two. I am DETERMINED to get a plot working at least once. Sounds like so much fun....supposedly.

EDIT: Also, you should put bug reports in the bug forum. More likely to be noticed and worked on there.

Would love to post it in there but when I click on the bug forum it says , Private forum , and shows as empty....
despite the 25 threads 39 posts

I was so excited for the first hour of Sengoku, now im a bit pissed off :(

You're in luck, I also experienced this heir bug, so I posted it on the bug forum. One of my daimyos has 3 sons. And it said I had no heirs. WTF?

Just done it again to me in another save game !!

I re-started and all was fine so I basically resigned / load game just to check.

Oh look, my heirs are not my heirs....
wait 3 months.

Found console cheats.

ID KILL my character, My son inherits but game ends as I have no Heir.

So paradox, what your saying basically is...

I cant turn the game off and save cos all my offspring will bug out..... Im wondering though if this bug only effects "counts" as opposed to " Dukes" sorry dunno the Japanesse words so went with CK lingo.

Edit Just checked : Yup this does not effect Dukes and above because they can Nominate using the Clan button.
For those of us that like to play as a Count and work up the game is pretty much 100% broken !! :(
Thank you and good night.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's the same problem, but you I had to nominate my heir before it was considered my heir

I wish I could nominate my little daughters, nothing suck more than brutalizing your son to rule your clan while his sisters get to sit and relax sitting on some fruit punch.

I think it's not a savegame issue but to do with resigning.

I started a game as Nanbu only I didn't play but only explore all the buttons/menus. Thought I would have a look at a kokujin start so I resigned and started a game as ??? (the Hitachi kokujin who has a shinto shrine). He had six kids including at least a couple of grown up sons but no heir listed, and the red blood drop giving me a no heir warning.

Hope that's a help in tracking down the bug.