• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok. Did you check if you have enough spies in both countries?

We also have 4 Mountaineer Divisions (each one 2 Mountaineers and an artillery brigade). I take the arty away from them and give those to infantry divisions.

Just how do you do that? When I try to detach the arty from the division (via the reorganization screen) it takes the arty out as a separate division (not a brigade) and thus I can't attach it to one of the regular infantry divisions.

First you detach them. The game will call them "division", but that's just the game engine at work. If you check, you'll see that this new "division" only contains a single artillery brigade. After that, you just move the arty into the same province as the infantry, if they're not there already, and merge both.

edit: make sure you don't have a general assigned to the "arty division" if you want to make sure you can attach them.

How many CAV in your divisions? 2 or 3?

I may try what you're doing here. I'm stretching my HoI3 wings again at last...got it installed on my new computer with the enormous monitor. Great fun awaits!

First you detach them. The game will call them "division", but that's just the game engine at work. If you check, you'll see that this new "division" only contains a single artillery brigade. After that, you just move the arty into the same province as the infantry, if they're not there already, and merge both.

edit: make sure you don't have a general assigned to the "arty division" if you want to make sure you can attach them.

OK, I detached the "divisions" and ordered them to move to provinces with infantry. However, its taking them a looooong time to get to them. What gives?

You can have them strategically redeploy (shift + right click). Bear in mind this places them on attack delay and they spend more supplies while re-deploying.

Reactions:
OK, I detached the "divisions" and ordered them to move to provinces with infantry. However, its taking them a looooong time to get to them. What gives?

It's winter, so they move at only a snail's pace. Crilor's advice is correct.

Just my luck. I started a new job today, with the temperature all week around 35°C (or about 95°F). fun fun fun :(

Enjoy the hot weather! Do they have air conditioning at your workplace, or are you roasting?

Anyway, started reading your tutorial. Ever since I bought HOI3 (and then the expansions) I've been meaning to play an actual campaign, but in reality in never happens. Perhaps this will prod me along. :)

roasting, actually. I think I died from the heat three times today. The first half hour after I came home, all I could do was just shuffle along, kinda like Ozzy usually does.:eek:

Wait. You've never played a campaign in HOI 3? Then why do I feel like you've been in this part of the forum forever?

hey, guys. Don't worry. I haven't forgotten about you, but an exiled Elven mage and his vampiric sister stole my soul, so I had to give them something to think about first. :D
I plan on writing the next chapter sometime this weekend. The heat wil die down a little on Sunday, so keep your eyes peeled.

Thanks for the tutorial!

I´ve been trying to learn the game and I can´t thank you enough for this. Though a Balkan campaign seems weird but I guess you wanted something more limited in scope no?

Thanks for the tutorial!

I´ve been trying to learn the game and I can´t thank you enough for this. Though a Balkan campaign seems weird but I guess you wanted something more limited in scope no?

That was the basic reason for it. Another reason was that Romania, in 1936, was surrounded on all sides by rivals and potential enemies. I still remember in HOI 2, when you did what I've been doing, 99% of the time, the whole world would explode. Talk about a Balkan Clusterf**k in those days.
I wanted to show that you can do more than some people think, if you know what you're doing and you're careful not to step on the Majors' toes.

Awesome, can't wait for the next chapter! Also, having trouble figuring out which Industry laws are better in TFH. Germany starts off with Consumer Product Orientation, is Mixed Industry better than it was in FTM? I recall in FTM you advised switching from MI to CPO to save on IC. Is this still the same in TFH?

No, it is not. It's rather unintuitive, but here's how it works.

Under CG, you have to devote less IC to Consumer Goods, leaving more for useful purposes. In the case of Majors, the difference can be huge (25-40 IC per day).
Under MI, you have to keep more IC devoted to Consumer Goods, but stuff you build will be build a lot faster.

At first sight, it looks like CG is the clear winner, but the devs added a 5% difference between the two version of the game, that makes a world of difference.

It all works through faster acquisition of Practicals. Stuff you build in MI will finish faster, so you will have less Practical Decay, which, over the course of 3 years, can make a huge difference.

I did a test once, long ago, as Germany, building the exact same things twice between '36 and '39. Under MI, I finished faster, leaving me enough time to get started on the port guards you'll need after spring of 1940.

Now, let's be perfectly clear. If you plan on building a lot of everything, you may not have the same result. However, if you need a lot of the same thing, MI is the better choice.

We'll deal with production in more detail after we're done with Romania.

Reactions: