Hearts of Iron IV Developer Diary Archive & Live Stream Videos

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey Devs, I love HOI 4, have been playing it for awhile not, to make it more realistic what about adding in anti tank mines, sea mines, tank traps, mortar equipment, anti inf mines?

There is mortars in the game when you research a tech and mines are totally irrelevant on HoI4 scale.

There is mortars in the game when you research a tech and mines are totally irrelevant on HoI4 scale.

I can't talk for land mines, but sea mines were anything but irrelevant on the HoI4 scale (naval mines are a strategic weapon first-and-foremost - and HoI4 is firstly a strategic game). A bit tired now, but if you want me to ramble on about warships sunk, merchants sunk, ports closed, ships damaged, mines produced and what-have-you, just say the word :).

Mine fields can be represented by forts and naval mines well... first fix naval stuff and then add things to it.

NECRO